Express Employment Professionals is hiring for a Plant Operator. The position will begin as seasonal, with the potential for full time employment dependent upon performance. As an Plant Operator you will work as part of a team to ensure the overall operation of the terminal, including basic functions such as receipt and shipment of raw materials and asphalt products, manufacturing of asphalt products, lab testing, inspection and record keeping requirements, computer oriented tasks, and the maintenance of the equipment in the facility. You will coordinate with schedulers for the successful delivery and receipt of asphalt products (by truck and rail) and production of finished products to meet customer demands.
Under general supervision of Plant Manager:
• Manage small projects: these may include, but are not limited to: product transfers, product production, mechanical troubleshooting, pump maintenance, valve maintenance, testing of system safety devices, periodic inspections of tanks, valves, or piping, and other product quality control or technically oriented tasks related to an asphalt facility.
• Perform duties assigned by the lead operator
• Perform general plant cleaning and maintenance tasks
• Load/unload hot oil from trucks and railcars
• Complete paperwork involving basic computer and math skills
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Must have valid driver’s license
• Must pass pre-employment drug screen
• Basic mechanical and/or electrical knowledge
• Must be able to work in elevated-height areas accessible only by stairs or ladders
• Must be able to perform basic math functions
• Must utilize Personal Protective Equipment (e.g., hard hat, safety glasses, fire protective clothing, safety work boots, as required) – Uniforms are provided.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including morning/night shifts, weekends, holidays, and possible overtime
• Willingness to be on call for after-hours support
• Must demonstrate good performance, safety and attendance
• Must demonstrate a willingness to work and communicate well with supervisor, truck drivers and other employees
• Must be able to work outdoors in extreme weather and perform heavy physical labor in a safe manner.
Preferred Qualifications (not required)
• 2+ years of construction and/or maintenance experience in the refined products and/or oil and gas industry
• Previous work experience in a bulk storage terminal and/or pipeline operation
• Experience driving a forklift/skidsteer
Physical Demands or Unusual Working Conditions:
• Ability to comply with the physical requirements of the position: Safely lift at least 50 pounds, negotiate in, on, and around piping at both grade level and above grade level elevations, navigate vertical ladders and spiral tank stairs to reach work areas, and tolerate scents common to fuels and asphalts loading operations, as well as those of construction and maintenance related activities such as welding, painting, and tank cleaning.
If selected for full time employment at the end of the season, a full benefits package including medical/dental is offered.
Please send a resume to email@example.com
If you have any questions please contact us at (208)343-7552
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other characteristic protected by law.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
Because we're locally owned, we live in and work in this community and have a vested interest in its success. In addition to our staffing services, our team is actively involved with a wide variety of causes and organizations that help strengthen our beautiful city.
To help as many people as possible find good jobs by helping as many clients as possible find good people.