Payroll Benefits Specialist ($45K-65K)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are seeking an individual with outstanding administrative and communication skills. This individual is expected to be a conceptual thinker with superb organizational and time management skills. You must possess a high level of morals, ethics, and be reliable and trustworthy. They will accurately follow instructions with the ability to multitask and acclimatize in a fast-paced environment. To ensure success, this individual should display remarkable conflict management and decision-making skills with a solid understanding of employee relationships, staffing management, and payroll and benefits administration.
Top candidates will be superb at problem-solving, efficient in scheduling and precise in the recruitment process.
• Ensures the accuracy of all benefits enrollments in the HRIS to provide vendors with accurate eligibility information.
• Assist with new hire and onboarding process.
• Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation.
• Responds to inquiries from applicants and employees relative to the hiring process, standard policies, benefits, benefits enrollments, status changes, and other general inquiries. • Reconciles vendors information of benefits-related data with payroll.
• Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resource and payroll files and records.
• Performs periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
• Assist with payroll functions including processing, making sure all worked hours are accounted for, tracking vacation hours, and fixing processing errors.
• Responds to 401(k) inquiries from managers and employees relating to enrollments, plan changes and contribution amounts. Manages the annual catch-up contribution enrollment.
• Completes all garnishments, child support, employment verifications and other related request.
• Responsible for maintaining DOT employee compliance and records.
• Coordinate responses to state unemployment claims with respective business unit.
• Serve as a point of contact external providers and vendors, which may include employee benefits, staffing, etc.
• Complete certified government payroll.
• Complete termination paperwork.
• Keep up-to-date with the latest Human Resources trends and best practices.
• Assists the open enrollment process.
• Assist with design and implementation of new employee benefits.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
• Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
• Exposure to payroll practices, labor law and employment regulations
• Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn payroll management, human resource information system (HRIS), and similar computer applications.
Required Education and Experience:
• Associates degree in business, or related field required and/or other training/certification may be substituted for the education.
• Three years prior experience in HR and/or benefits administrations
Preferred Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, and/or human resources
• Five years’ experience in HR and/or employee benefits or accounting
• Proficient with Sage 100 Accounting software and HRIS platforms
#MHKPandoLogic. Keywords: Compensation / Benefits Specialist, Location: Manhattan, KS - 66505
Express Employment Professionals
BusinessView all jobs at Express Employment Professionals