We are currently in need of on-call Banquet Servers, Bartenders and Cooks for various events that arise on a weekly basis. These events range from weddings, corporate events, outdoor events and much more!
Server/Bartender Job Description:
- Complies with the club’s policies and procedures as established in the employee handbook.
- Performs related banquet set-up tasks.
- Provides immediate attention to all guests upon seating them.
- Take beverage orders and serves food when necessary.
- Pours and refills wine, coffee, water and other beverages served with and after the meal.
- Clears soiled dishes as needed.
- Cleans all assigned work areas in kitchen and banquet areas.
- Advises the banquet manager or management of any member or guest complaints or special request as soon as they occur.
- Assists in closing functions by performing various tasks such as removing linen, busing glasses, dishes, silverware, etc. and re-setting the room for the next function when necessary.
- Attends staff meetings including pre-service sessions.
- Assures that all state and local laws and club policies and procedures for the service of alcoholic beverages are consistently followed.
- If in question, goes to the banquet manager or management to review and handle the situation.
- Thanks members and guests as they leave the club.
- Consistently follows all sanitation-related requirements, including those related to personal hygiene.
- Do their best to greet by name all members and their guests, always by smiling and making eye contact.
- Possesses a professional behavior and appearance at all times.
- Held responsible for working all major club events to include Mother’s Day, Easter, Club Fireworks Event, Thanksgiving and Christmas
Cook Job Description:
- Performs all methods of cooking and portion control in accordance with client specifications.
- Must have working knowledge of all kitchen equipment including but not limited to; ovens, grills, broilers, fryers, steam tables, mixers, knives, slicers, etc.
- Properly uses all kitchen equipment and ensures the proper and safe use of all equipment.
- Maintains food line to ensure that all required items are properly stocked.
- Continuously stocks and restocks items as needed.
- Maintains the highest standards of cleanliness and sanitation of all cooking equipment used during specified shift.
- Responsible for ensuring that all food is properly handled and stored.
- Must wear required uniform, must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Overall Qualifications and Functional Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. Furthermore, he / she should possess the following personal and professional characteristics:
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must have good communication skills including understanding and speaking English
- Able to meet the physical demands and responsibilities of the position. He / she will, while regularly performing the essential functions of the job, be standing, sitting and lifting / moving items or objects over 20 pounds and sometimes lift / move items up to 35 pounds.
- Must have 2+ years experience
- Must have reliable transportation