Express Employment Professionals Alcoa, TN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Express Employment Professionals is partnering with a local aluminum fabricating facility in the Alcoa, TN area in search of a Metallurgical Manager to join their team
The Quality Metallurgical Manager is a senior role with responsibility for adherence to corporate quality, safety, and analysis requirements. The individual in this role must have broad and deep knowledge of casting, down-stream interactions with processing, and customer quality requirements.
- Direct supplier interaction, specification/analysis/interpretation of incoming materials, and consumption of the materials to meet standards.
- Guiding operating personnel in conformance to ISO/IATF/ASI standards.
- Providing technical training, developmental objectives, sets performance goals, and direction to casting metallurgists and technicians, as well as, ensuring alignment with spectrometry labs on procedure and results.
- Analyzing process capabilities, production metrics and recovery, and product development planning and execution.
- Responsible for overall quality contract with internal and external customers ensuring that all customer requirements are met, including at a minimum dimensional, chemistry, integrity, processing, and marking.
- Translating customer and industry standards to production work instructions, develop new casting practices, and ensure accurate execution.
- Providing input for project design and execution, equipment and service selection and specification, daily trouble-shooting, input to improve uptime and equipment reliability, and adherence to regulatory and company EHS requirements.
- Providing day-to-day technical advice, problem solving and support to operations and maintenance by applying metallurgical and engineering principles, quality systems tools to drive problems to root cause.
- Initiating and/or implementing improvement projects including engineering solutions to eliminate safety and quality concerns, repetitive equipment failures and other major and minor issues.=
This role is primarily day shift, Monday-Friday. However, because the plant operates a 24/7 schedule, this role is expected to support the overall quality function of the areas for new product trials, production disruptions, and training. This could include on-call help and/or working off-hours/off-shifts at times to support the operation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Metallurgical Engineering, Materials Science, or other related field from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years metallurgical or related experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience working in Ingot casting
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Advanced Degree in Metallurgy, Material Science, or Management.
- Experience in the aluminum industry, specifically within rolling operations.
- Experience with Statistical Methods, Engineering Calculations, Physical Metallurgy, Mechanical Metallurgy, Phase diagrams, Heat Transfer, Fluid Mechanics, Metals Solidification Theory, Thermodynamics, and Material Processing.
- Lean manufacturing experience.
- Metallurgical experience with Automotive products.
- Experience with heat treatable alloys.
- Experience with rolling operations.
- Strong knowledge of ISO and IATF 16949 Quality System Standards.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to work effectively with cross functional teams in development and execution of objectives
- Effective program management skills with an understanding of and ability to utilize lean practices.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to mentor, coach, and develop employees under your direction.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Minitab)
If interested in this direct hire opportunity, please send a resume to erica.bright(at)expresspros.com
Express Employment ProfessionalsWhy Work Here?
Great Company and Excellent hours and pay! Great growth potential for hourly workers!
Express Employment Professionals is one of the top staffing companies in the U.S. and Canada. Every day, we help people find jobs and provide workforce solutions to businesses. Express provides a full range of employment solutions that include full-time, temporary, and part-time employment in a wide range of positions, including Professional, Light Industrial, and Office Services.