- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are currently looking for a Fire Protection Shop Supervisor for our Los Angeles, CA location. As Shop Supervisor, you will supervise and schedule Fire Protection Shop operations while ensuring product quality, efficient operations, and a safe work environment.
A successful Shop Supervisor is a thought leader and is instrumental with ensuring production goals and objectives are met while also meeting customer requirements. You will have to quickly come up to speed, work collaboratively and effectively with many cross-functional teams including other areas of production, maintenance, and engineering.
- Supervise and manage production crews in the fire sprinkler components. Responsible for correct techniques, methods, sequence, safe operations, and to ensure a quality product.
- Preplan jobs and coordinate Shop scheduling with multiple departments to assure that stock, tooling, manpower, and equipment are available for production. Organize and assigns work to employees by utilizing managerial skills such as human relations and knowledge of equipment and employee capabilities.
- Determine manpower requirements of jobs, scheduling jobs, and communicate crew changes, downtime and piece counts to operations to assure prompt starting of units, and provide required production data for payroll and operating system accuracy.
- Coordinate with Maintenance as appropriate, to diagnose machine and equipment malfunctions, and expedite repairs and corrective measures to minimize downtime and schedule interruptions.
- Provide information related to deviations in process or product. Participate in corrective action investigation. Implement corrective action as necessary. Support Engineering department in tooling, methods, and procedure/process revision tryouts to improve quality, reduce costs, and develop production methods for new jobs.
- Promote employee involvement in problem solving and participation in operational teams. Support employee and operational initiatives, continuous improvement, and cost reduction efforts.
- Ensure the highest level of safety and good housekeeping in work environment through implementation of safety practices.
- Minimum of three years of supervisory or lead experience in a manufacturing facility
- 5+ years experience working with raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of parts.
- Bachelor’s degree (Preffered but NOT required)
Express Employment Professionals
AddressLos Angeles, CA
ManufacturingView all jobs at Express Employment Professionals
Get fresh Manufacturing Supervisor jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.