We are actively seeking a Logistics Coordinator/Controller for our client in Charleston! As the Logistics Coordinator/Controller you will be responsible for facilitating communication between sales, distribution and installment stages in order to meet business and financial objectives. The candidate will work with Managers to plan and manage tasks to improve runtime and throughput. Manage supply and demand through ERP system while reporting out through KPIs to support the business plan.
Must be flexible with scheduling as shift times will vary between the early and late legs, plus alternating Saturdays. Start and end times may be anywhere from 7a to 7p, with a 40-45 hr work week being standard. Salary will be based on experience and what the right Candidate can bring to the table for our client. Benefits and 401K offered.
Responsibilities & Essential Role:
- Coordinating transportation to ensure prompt and proper movement of shipments
- Responding to customer inquiries and referring clients to the proper channels
- Reviewing purchase orders and shipping documents to ensure accuracy
- Making special shipping arrangements as necessary
- Tracking and fixing shipping errors
- Preparing bills and invoices
- Managing distribution and shipment budgets
- Ensuring that the quality of all services provided meets the required standards
- Developing processes that make the supply chain more efficient and organized
- Collaborate with personnel in Logistics, Production, and Quality by assisting with planning requirements, quantities and when to order by monitoring on-hand inventory.
- Identify and implement process improvements and efficiencies by leading and working with cross functional teams.
- Maintain correct lead times and stocking quantities.
- Data verification and entry
- Plan and monitor movement in each cycle to ensure continuous operations.
- Work with cross-functional teams to complete job orders on-time and within customer specifications.
- Work with clients to build business and increase orders.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Effective communication, including writing, speaking and interpersonal communication
- Quick critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent customer service and client relations skills
- Keep organization and time management skills
- Good collaboration and team work abilities
- Great leadership and goal-setting skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced data analysis and data visualization
- Expert inventory management
- Ability to use computers, software and other technology for inventory and communication purposes
- Understanding of the supply chain, including common obstacles and effective solutions
- Microsoft Office and familiarity of ERP Management and data inputs
- Data analysis through spreadsheets and KPIs
Education and/or Experience:
- 2-4 years of Logistic experience minimum (Required).
- Experience with purchasing, expediting, MRP/ERP systems, quality/continuous improvement initiatives, safety practices and MS Office application.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, will consider Associate Degree paired with acceptable amount of experience.