Human Resources Manager
A Torrance-based Event company has an exciting Human Resources Manager opportunity. Our client is seeking a manager that can bring a dynamic, upbeat and positive energy to the role and wants to thrive in a fast-paced environment!
The general responsibilities of the job:
Direct Hire with a target salary of $65-85k, full benefits including medical, dental, 401k and vacation.
- Ongoing support to Executive and Management team with handling and resolving all Human Resources concerns.
- Ongoing support to employee’s on policy, payroll matters and/or personnel issues.
- Monitor and assist Management with recruiting and hiring processes. Ensure all recruiting processes are compliant with all local, state, and federal laws, within acceptable time frames and in accordance with established guidelines and policies.
- Coordinate and conduct reference and background checks.
- Coordinate and facilitate Onboarding and New Hire Orientation weekly.
- Coordinate and maintain personnel files as required by State compliance guidelines.
- Manage ADP Workforce now HRIS and periodically audit employee data.
- Conduct Annual Benefits Open Enrollment and make suggestions to program(s).
- Conduct Employee Surveys on environment, benefits and compensation.
- Ensure accurate maintenance of all employee records and files via ongoing audits (e.g., I-9's, California mandated new hire and exit documents, etc.) to minimize potential liability.
- Facilitate processing and maintenance of payroll records in accordance with policies and procedures, as necessary.
- Inform Executive team of any employee relations issues which elevate to a level that requires Executive and/or HR Consultant partnership.
- Generate HR and custom data reports as necessary and know how to create ad hoc reports as requested by Management.
- Train new Management on Human Resources processes, programs, forms, policies and ADPWFN HRIS.
- Ensure compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity guidelines and regulations and OSHA standards.
- Support Management as needed with employee training, Individual Development Plans and disciplinary notices.
- Oversee function of the data management system to include, but not limited to, entry of employee data, recording employment transitions (i.e. new hire, separation, leaves of absence, etc.), generating reports (i.e. payroll analysis, labor turnover, etc.), processing unemployment and workers compensation claims
· Develop and implement a safety committee and program to conduct monthly safety trainings
· Monitor the workplace to ensure employees follow safety and use safe tools and equipment (WH and FIELD) by conducting spot audits.
· Manage and report all safety incidents and reporting to provider to process the proper claim.
· Maintain ongoing communication with all worker’s compensation providers to update, request and submit critical claims reporting information.
· Meet monthly for worker’s compensation strategy calls for open claims.
Review and respond to custodial record requests for lawsuits
· Knowledge of 5+ years in Progressive Human Resources experience.
· Must be bilingual in Spanish and English and be able to translate.
· Preferred knowledge of ADP Workforce Now system or other payroll and HRIS system.
· Solid grammar and writing skills, strong organizational skills, data entry skills, general math skills, analytical skills, attention to detail, thoroughness, reporting accurate results, strong verbal skills, proficient in Word and Excel.
· Experience in overseeing training and development, hiring and recruiting, onboarding, employee relations, payroll, workers’ compensation, HRIS, benefits, statutory compliance, performance evaluations, etc.
· Experience creating a strong company culture (organizing and implementing employee engagement activities, new hire orientation, recognition and reward).
· Ability to evaluate and develop recommendations for improvements to operations, policies and/or procedures.
· Certification in PHR, SPHR, SHRM or SHRM-SCP is a huge plus.