Coordinating, planning, and scheduling activities and projects affecting the maintenance, alteration, and repair of equipment and buildings. This position is a key member to the HACCP Team with responsibility for complying with the facility's food safety system requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee building maintenance and equipment maintenance staff.
- In charge of staff and responsible for determining work priorities which may include but not limited to scheduling repairs, maintenance, installation of machines, tools, and equipment this is responsibility is to ensure continuous production operations.
- Responsible for creating or/and assist with preparation including maintaining the department's standard operating policies and procedures.
- Organize and maintain the administration of service logs to ensure compliance with established standards.
- Plan, develop and implement new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs and gain greater utilization of labor and materials.
- Detect and report defective materials or questionable conditions to the Plant Manager.
- Assure that the work areas and equipment are in clean orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Directly supervise Equipment Maintenance Department and Vehicle Maintenance Departments. Coordinates duties of employees, and works closely with other department managers.
In the event that the Facilities Manager is absent, the Facilities Tech., Plant Manager and/or Production Manager will resume Facilities Manager's duties and responsibilities.
- HACCP Certified - Required
- Fluent in English and Spanish - Required
- CPG Experience - Required
- Ability to use hand tools, electric tools and other related machinery safely and effectively.
- Must be familiar with the basic machine functions in order to oversee processes.
- Ability to operate related machinery.
- Have good hand-eye coordination.
- Solid analytical, problem solving and technical troubleshooting skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal, leadership, and organizational skills.
- A good working knowledge of electrical, hydraulic, mechanical and pneumatic systems, and a familiarity with their typical components.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from employees, supervisors and managers.
- Must have a good command of the English language, both written and spoken.
- Must be able to use basic math and use measuring devices.
- HAZMAT, HAZWOPER (Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response) and CPR certification recommended.
- Observe and follow all company safety rules
- Use caution when walking in plant, watch out for pallet jacks, bin or stacking activities, water and safety mats
- Practice safe climbing techniques when stepping up on work platforms and climbing stairs
- Never stick hands into moving equipment
- No cell phones in plant except for Company approved
- Report any broken or cracked belts, conveyors, electric wires or any other problems immediately
- No gum, food or drinks are allowed in any production area and must be kept in break room only
- Speaking, listening, understanding
- Tolerate moving equipment while standing still
- Tolerate handling and smelling raw fish and seafood
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The description of the physical demands and the work environment characteristics here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform and those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee occasionally is required to sit. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus including ability to hear.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to plant environment to include moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. Safety Glasses must be worn at all times. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Note: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Because we're locally owned, we live in and work in this community and have a vested interest in its success. In addition to our staffing services, our team is actively involved with a wide variety of causes and organizations that help strengthen our beautiful city.
To help as many people as possible find good jobs by helping as many clients as possible find good people.
Express Employment Professionals
Why Work Here?Express Employment Professionals of Morgan Hill, CA is a leading staffing provider helping job seekers find work with a wide variety of local businesses. Because we're locally owned, we live in and work in this community and have a vested interest in its success. In addition to our staffing services, our team is actively involved with a wide variety of causes and organizations that help strengthen our beautiful city. To help as many people as possible find good jobs by helping as many clients as possible find good people.
We're On A Mission To Put A Million People To Work!