Delivery Driver with Transportation of Dangerous Goods
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Currently looking for a Service Delivery Driver to transport cylinders, medical products and equipment to and from clients and institutions while adhering to all safety protocols and processes while providing outstanding customer service. May involve teaching customers on use and troubleshooting of home equipment. Set-up and testing of equipment. The incumbent will carry out all responsibilities while promoting safety and quality practices.
- Competitive Payrates of $22-$25 per hour
- Monday-Friday 9am-5pm shift
- On call 6-11 weeks apart depending on location and staff numbers
- If you are on call, between 5pm-9pm and you DO NOT get called in, you still get paid $11 per hour. If you get called in, you get paid your regular rate
- Drive 5 ton Cube Truck for deliveries
- Contributes to team effort by working with other members of the health care team to achieve optimal client service, and on other teams as required.
- Contributes to a safe working environment by participating in safety activities, working in a safe manner, encouraging others to work in a safe manner, and reporting unsafe occurrences and/or practices.
- Determines condition of vehicle by inspecting vehicle before and after use; logging inspection. Ensures correct loading of vehicle by identifying product requirements for the day; and loading product or material in compliance with safety.
- Ensures operation of medical equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements; following manufacturers’ instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment supplies. Documents client care and services by completing delivery records.
- Maintains client confidentiality and protects Air Liquide Healthcare operations by keeping information confidential.
- Protects clients and employees by adhering to infection control policies and protocols.
- Meets client's needs by delivering products according to the daily schedule.
- Maintains safe vehicle operation and protects load by complying with organization policies, procedures, highway rules and regulations.
- Ensures a safe supply of gases or liquified products to clients by transporting oxygen and other cylinders and/or liquified products according to procedures and regulations.
- Seeks to continuously improve the operation of the branch by evaluating processes and workflow, and participating in other quality improvement activities.
- Provides after hours service to clients by participating in branch on-call rotation where applicable.
- Other duties required by supervisor
- 1-2 years of experience with customer service oriented functions; homecare/medical gas preferred
- Applicable Valid Driver's License with minimum 3 recent years (within the last 10) of professional driving experience
- Clean driver’s abstract
- TDG experience
- Ability to lift up to 50-60 pounds unassisted
- Strong written and oral communication skills (verbal and written) in English
- Basic computer skills and understanding of logistics software
- Willingness to learn and understand oxygen equipment used in the field
- Ability to adapt in different work environments, people, culture, etc.
- Meet personal needs of individuals to build trust, encourage two-way communications, and strengthen relations
- Great Quality Orientation
- Ability to tolerate stress
- Great Communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work on call, long shifts if necessary
- Ability to work in all seasonal driving conditions
- Comfortable with going into long-term care facilities, institutional, and residential homes
- Ability to lift up to 60lbs unassisted
- Ability to operate light duty equipment like stair climbers, cylinder carts, pallet jacks (forklift IF YOU HAVE FORKLIFT LICENSE)
- Ability to work in variable climates and weather conditions
Our Richmond Hill branch is a small local office that is part of a larger organization - the best of both worlds.
We thank all that apply. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Express is a Full Service Human Resources Centre. If you do not possess the above skill set but would like to explore other opportunities we may have, please submit your resume specifying the career opportunities that would be of interest to you.
Express Employment ProfessionalsWhy Work Here?
A great opportunity for growth
Here at Express Employment Professionals, we are large enough to exceed all your needs and expectations, yet small enough to give you the one-on-one attention and customer service you deserve. We are experts in staffing, HR solutions and recruiting qualified workers to fill your needs. Our mission is to match great people with great jobs in our thriving community. Together, we will find a career solution to meet your needs!
Transportation and Storage