Data Entry Clerk
South Houston,TX 77020
Temp to hire!!
This is a full-time position expected to work 5 to 5 1/2 days per week. Normal work hours are usually 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (allowing 1 hour for lunch). However, during training/orientation period, this position will require some flexibility and may vary depending on workload. Availability and willingness to work “unplanned” overtime Monday through Friday until all work is completed. Availability and willingness to work on Saturday or Sunday when needed (based on delivery schedule) is required.
Supervisor(s): This position reports to the General Manager and/or Office Administrator.
· Carefully entering quotations into various formats (i.e., Internet, Excel, etc.)
· Order processing ion a timely manner
· Creating delivery documents with careful attention to details
· Assisting with various clerical duties (i.e., filing, file organization, etc.)
· Assisting appropriate personnel with ship file review
· Minimum High School Diploma/GED required.
· Excellent attendance and punctuality is an essential function of this position.
· Excellent data entry skills (minimum 45 wpm. Preferred)
· Excellent attention to detail required.
· Good MS Office skills needed (Excel, Outlook and Word)!!
· Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate in English sufficiently to read pick and holds, and accompanying notes, customer and colleague e-mails, and thoroughly understand safety instructions.
· Prior experience with P21 (or similar software) a plus!!
· A basic understanding of the metric system (i.e., converting between U.S. units of measurement and the metric system – i.e., Lbs. to Kgs, etc.).
· Must have ability to sit in a stationary position for prolonged periods of time on a daily basis. Must have the ability to occasionally lift up to 25 lbs. (unassisted).Must have the physical ability to hear, answer and speak clearly on the telephone.
· Requires consistent repetitive movement of hands and fingers for typing and/or writing of e-mails, faxes, quotes and orders.
· Must have the physical ability to stand and walk throughout offices to send/retrieve faxes and to consult with supervisors and various departmental personnel.