Express Employment is hiring for a Customer Service Specialist for a position that will be Monday – Friday 8 am – 5 pm paying $16.39/hr. Previous banking and customer service experience is required.
Under general supervision, responsible for interacting with customers to provide information and process requests and payments in response to inquiries about utility products and services.
· High School Diploma or GED Certificate.
· Clerical and accounting experience.
· Customer Service, cash handling and call center experience.
· Work experience in positions similar or related to this job: 1 to 2 years.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify and process customer payments; reconcile and balance daily transactions.
- Resolve billing or service complaints.
- Consult with customers by phone, in-person, email or fax to process start/stop/change service orders.
- Analyze consumption patterns and troubleshoot high bill complaints.
- Explain to users how to navigate the website and/or Smart Grid portal.
- Explain use of utilities equipment and resolve related equipment issues.
- Maintain radio communication with electric warehouse.
- Research unposted payments from Lockbox.
- Compose Letters of Credit.
- Adhere to all Privacy, Identity Theft and Departmental policies.
- Process closing estimates, change of addresses, death certificates, POAs, property management agreements and Third Party Notifications.
- Process and negotiate payment arrangements.
- Schedule appointments for water meets and water repairs.
- Alphabetize, sort and file material.
- Process requests related to conservation and other utility programs.
- Other duties, as assigned by supervisor.
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Requires the ability to work independently exercising sound judgment and initiative and the ability to train others.
- Ability to learn and use utility software.
- Ability to use phone, radio, email and internal IM tools, as appropriate to communicate with co-workers.
- Ability to maintain cooperative working relationships with all public employees contacted in performance of duties.
- Ability to understand verbal information/instruction, exchange information with others, and present information/instruction.
- Ability to read and understand written materials, and compose information/instruction in a written form.
- Ability to remember accounting standards, data processing application procedures, and related operational details such as customer’s names and their concerns.
- Knowledge of high school level mathematics. Mathematical reasoning, and analytical skills and abilities necessary to develop, prepare and maintain accounting records, calculate utility charges for customer explanation, and related duties.
- Problem solving skills are helpful for developing solutions and analyzing unanticipated situations and circumstances.
- May serve on project teams, employee committees and other miscellaneous duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
Please reply with your resume or apply online at https://accounts.expresspros.com/account/register (Submit your application to the Colorado Springs South office) if you have any of the above experience and are interested in a position!
We are located at 2360 South Academy Blvd, CO Springs, 80916. Please call our office with any questions. We look forward to assisting with your job search! 719-390-1300
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Express Employment Professionals
Why Work Here?For the past 13 years, we have worked closely with local businesses to understand their workforce needs and to provide the most qualified candidates in commercial, administrative, and professional positions for short and long-term assignments. As a full-service staffing provider, our solutions include, evaluation hire, direct hire, temporary and contract staffing, professional search, and HR services. Plus, we’re an ISO 9001:2008 registered business so our customers know that we are committed to quality service. Our goal is to be a trusted, HR resource for small- and medium-sized businesses in our community. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Benefits: Benefits of working with Express: • Full-time position • 401(k) Plan
Colorado Springs, CO