The Customer Service Representative maintains quality relationships, services the needs of customers and troubleshoots issues in the plant while maximizing sales potential.
Duties and Responsibilities
· The Customer Service Representative (CSR) is responsible for understanding customer needs, communicating them effectively to production, and completing the communication loop back to customers. On a daily basis, this means handling incoming orders, answering questions, and solving problems for customers and prospects.
· Entering orders and confirming changes in ERP system. Sending confirmations to customers promptly.
· Working with production supervisors to solve problems and meet customer needs. Occasionally, this means going onto the production floor to get to the root cause of issues and designing creative solutions.
· As part of an account team, the CSR works with Applications Engineers and Regional Sales Manager to achieve company sales goals by account.
· Gathering, analyzing, and utilizing valuable customer, market, and competitive intelligence in the execution of customer service responsibilities. Providing this customer, market, and competitor intelligence to the account team on a timely basis.
· Performing tasks and duties outside of Customer Service as required by Customer Service Supervisor, the VP of Sales & Marketing or other managers
Required Skills and Attributes
· Ability to interact professionally with customers by telephone and e-mail, and occasionally, face-to-face. Strong spoken and written communication skills.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel and Outlook.
· Basic understanding of manufacturing ERP systems, Epicor preferred.
· Strong attention to detail and organized.
· Positive outlook in the face of obstacles and ability to project that to customers every day.
· Enjoys fast-paced work environment where employees strive to meet challenging customer expectations and have fun while doing it!
Job Specifications (education and experience)
- Five years’ customer service experience in in a manufacturing company
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent desired