We are seeking a Business Analyst for a 6 month contract in a highly reputable Travel Company. You will analyze data to understand business and market trends in order to increase company revenue and efficiency.
Education: Undergraduate degree in Industrial Engineering or other Engineering, Finance or Business. Master degree preferred but not required
Experience: 2-3 years of experience with a track record of driving results in business analysis, process improvement, or finance. Prior sourcing/ supply chain experience/knowledge preferred but not required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong analytical and process improvement skills
Very proficient with analytical software, especially Microsoft Excel
Proficient in querying/ manipulation of large data sets (SQL, Access or similar)
- Past experience with Microsoft Powerpoint and creating action-oriented presentations
Demonstrated ability to influence others and interact with all levels of the organization – is able to interface independently and effectively with peers in other departments/ Brands
- Well organized and can prioritize multiple requests simultaneously
- Aggressive “go getter”, driven, and can work with little supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced business environment
- Interest or experience in the travel and tourism industry
Position will report to the Sr. Manager, Sourcing Center of Excellence. As part of the Sourcing Center of Excellence team, the Business Analyst will provide the Global Sourcing Leadership Team with analytical support for the sourcing/purchasing efforts which will allow Carnival Corporation to leverage our global scale across ~$10 billion of direct and indirect goods and services.
This position will support all key spend areas, including but not limited to: Ports, Shore Excursions, Technical, IT, Food & Beverage, Hotel, Freight, Marketing, Air Travel, and Retail.
This position will provide a great opportunity to learn about the operations across our 10 global brands as well as in a wide variety of spend categories and sourcing markets.
This position is responsible for working on a daily basis with key Sourcing stakeholders across our 10 Brands to provide analytical support for specific sourcing initiatives with the goal of leveraging our global scale. Positive relationship building with the ability to be influential without direct authority will be required.
The position will be responsible for the following areas:
· Project-level Analytical Support
· Financial Tracking and Reporting
· Systems and Data management
· Work closely with the Global Sourcing Leadership Team (responsible for each spend category) to identify business opportunities, define/ clarify a problem statement, and develop an analysis plan
· Gather, organize, reconcile, clean-up large data sets and conduct relevant analyses
· Identify insights, synthesize results, and prepare management presentations
· Develop implementation plan, timelines and responsibility
· Communicate effectively with stakeholders from our 10 Brands across the world throughout the whole process
· Sample analyses include: cost-benefit analyses, buy vs. lease, ship vs. buy-local, “what if” analysis, custom spend reports
Systems and Data management:
· Work with systems team to continuously improve sourcing systems by (e.g., improved functionality and fixing of bugs/issues)
· Ensure procurement data is available, reliable, and comparable across all Brands, e.g.,:
o Item Taxonomy & Hierarchy
o Item Descriptions
o Vendor names/ codes, and categorization