Busy LINCOLN, IL apartment complex looking for a skilled Maintenance worker to perform upkeep tasks such as repairs and cleaning.
You will be responsible for applying basic fixes to equipment and building systems and ensure facilities are tidy and functional. Being reliable with a keen eye for detail is the first step to getting this job.Physical stamina is needed as this position requires walking the property, up and down stairs frequently!
- Perform cleaning activities such as dusting, mopping etc.
- Perform minor fixes such as repairing broken locks, filling gaps on walls etc.
- Check control panels and electrical wiring to identify issues
- Install appliances and equipment
- Do garden/yard upkeep by mowing lawn, collecting trash etc.
- Conduct maintenance tasks such as replacing light bulbs
- Inspect and troubleshoot equipment and systems (e.g. ventilation)
- Check functionality of safety systems (e.g. fire alarm)
- Collaborate with workers and other professionals during renovations
- Report to a facilities or maintenance manager for issues
- Basic knowledge of HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems
- Experience using hand and electrical tools
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Physical stamina and dexterity
Monday through Friday work 9a-6pm with a lunch
Location: Lincoln, IL
About Express Employment Professionals: Express Employment Professionals is one of the top staffing companies in the U.S. and Canada. Every day, we help people find jobs and provide workforce solutions to businesses. Express has more than 800 franchise locations that provide a full range of employment solutions that include full-time, temporary, and part-time employment in a wide range of positions, including professional, commercial, and administrative.