Aerospace Quality Inspectors
Level A Inspector with experience required in:
• Inspection of machined parts / sheet metal with understanding of Geometric Positioning (True Position, Concentricity, Envelope Position).
• Strong communication and people skills.
• Ability to read, understand, and inspect to ANSI Y14.5 style drawings, electrical schematics and call outs.
• Mechanical background with part layout ability.
• Familiar with welding standards and visual inspection techniques to ensure compliance to AWS welding requirements.
• Experience with surface plate work using height gauges, sine plate, thread gauging, super micrometers, etc.
• Strong familiarity with the proper use of common inspection tools such as calipers, micrometers, multimeters, etc.
• Manufacturing and Quality Process Controls and understanding of shop travelers/work instructions. Familiar with the use and analysis of process control metrics.
• Familiar with ISO and AS quality systems; familiar with AS9102 First Article Inspection Reporting standards/requirements
• Demonstrate an ability to accurately assess various process anomalies and take appropriate action towards resolution.
• Computer Skills: Excel, Word, Outlook.
• Ability to work with high energy systems at high temperatures.
• Experience with IPC-A-610.
The inspection tasks will include:
• Visual Inspection of welds per AWS D17.1 and AWS 1.2
• Visual Inspection of coatings (Paint, Phosphate, Zinc).
• Complete dimensional inspection of cylinder machined components and environmental control unit final assemblies.
• Perform functional and performance testing of high energy systems such as Environmental Control Units and generators per Acceptance Test Plan work instructions.
• In-Process and receiving inspection verifications including dimensional inspections and processing compliance, as applicable.
• Maintain records of inspections and manufacturing operations, as well as all outside process certifications and test results.
• Pressure testing of cylinders which include Proof Pressure, Burst, and Cycle tests.
• Perform leakage testing using a Helium Mass Spectrometer.
• Maintain database for Calibration activities and associated metrology records
• Generate Non-conforming Material Reports (NCMR) and maintain NCMR records and associated database
Express Employment Professionals
Why Work Here?
Great opportunity for growth! Fun and team oriented environment.