Ada County - Parks & Waterways Maintenance
Express Employment Professionals Boise, ID
- Posted: over a month ago
- $14 Hourly
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, vision, 401k, dental
Express Employment Professionals is hiring for multiple seasonal Maintenance Workers for Ada County's Parks & Waterways Department.
- PAY: $14.00/Hour
- SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday, Some Weekends & Overtime Hours
- HOURS: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM, hours vary during the summer
- SEASONAL: March - October 23rd
SEASONAL PARKS & WATERWAYS MAINTENANCE WORKER
(Ada/Eagle Bike Park, Hubbard Recreation Area, Oregon Trail)
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
Performs a variety of semi-skilled labor tasks related to the operation and maintenance of Ada County’s recreational and trail facilities; performs related duties as required.
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS
The work of this class is mostly semi-skilled maintenance tasks related to multi-use trail construction and management under the supervision of the Open Space and Trails Coordinator. The duties require the ability to perform physical labor efficiently and with regard to personal and public safety. Immediate supervision will typically be provided including clear details and expectations regarding specific tasks to be performed. Once employee demonstrates proficiency completing tasks, some work may be performed independently with minimal supervision.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains positive customer relations with open space and trail patrons;
- Assists with building and maintaining non-motorized multi-use trails and trail features in a safe manner using tools and training provided;
- Utilizes hand and power tools in a safe manner;
- Moves trail building materials (soil, rocks, lumber, pavers, etc.) to specific work sites in a safe manner using tools provided;
- Installs, inspects, and repairs post and rail fencing;
- Installs, inspects, and repairs trail markers and signage;
- Cuts brush and pulls weeds;
- Picks up and removes trash;
- Performs a variety of other manual work in connection with the maintenance of multi-use trails and open space recreation areas.
ADDITIONAL EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- May operate automotive equipment such as carts and ATVs;
- May drive county vehicles;
- May operate gas powered line trimmers, mowers, thatcher, and hedgers;
- Performs related duties as required.
The employee works under the supervision of the Open Space and Trails Coordinator. The work to be accomplished is laid out in detail. The worker accomplishes the work as instructed and consults with the supervisor as needed on all matters not specifically covered in the original instructions. The supervisor frequently checks the work of the employee in progress and upon completion.
- Previous experience with multi-use trail maintenance and construction techniques preferred;
- Skill in the use of a variety of hand and power tools preferred;
- Knowledge of workplace safety procedures;
- Understand and comply with all rules, policies, and procedures;
- Ability to operate motor vehicles safely;
- Ability to understand and follow simple verbal instructions;
- Ability to complete assignments in a timely manner;
- CPR certification preferred;
- Incumbent must possess a valid Idaho driver’s license;
- Must be available to work variable shifts including evenings, holidays and weekends, work some overtime and be subject to call;
- Must be able to be reached by telephone after hours;
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- The incumbent is required to stand, stoop, bend, kneel, crawl, climb, and balance in tiring and uncomfortable positions;
- Must walk long distances over uneven terrain while carrying tools and equipment;
- The incumbent frequently carries tools and equipment and may be required to lift up to 50lbs. and push/pull up to 100 lbs.;
- The incumbent frequently stands for long periods of time in the heat;
- The work is performed inside and outside and is sometimes dirty, dusty and greasy;
- This position requires working in outdoor conditions and the incumbent may come in contact with dogs, spiders, and snakes;
- May be exposed to the possibility of electrical shock, burns, cuts or bruises.
Please call (208) 343-7552 or email email@example.com if you are interested.
Please make sure to apply online at www.expresspros.com
Because we're locally owned, we live in and work in this community and have a vested interest in its success. In addition to our staffing services, our team is actively involved with a wide variety of causes and organizations that help strengthen our beautiful city.
To help as many people as possible find good jobs by helping as many clients as possible find good people.
Express Employment ProfessionalsWhy Work Here?
We offer benefits from the first day of employment, including medical, vision, dental, life insurance and 401k.
Express Employment Professionals is a leading staffing provider helping job seekers find work with a wide variety of local businesses. Because we're locally owned, we live in and work in this community and have a vested interest in its success. In addition to our staffing services, our team is actively involved with a wide variety of causes and organizations that help strengthen our beautiful city. Our Vision: To help as many people as possible find good jobs by helping as many clients as possible find good people.
4049 S Eckert RdBoise, ID