- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Senior Accountant (Rochester, MN) - Direct Hire
The Accountant will be responsible for overseeing the delivery of accounting and payroll related solutions. The range of responsibilities includes, but is not limited to, managing payroll and accounting services projects and tasks, providing consultation to employees and clients, conducting accounting and payroll research, and ensuring compliance.
Key Responsibilities for the Senior Accountant:
- Processes client payroll, general ledger, bank reconciliations, financial statements, and other accounting-related functions.
- Implements best practices, accounting, and client service techniques.
- Understands and effectively uses current payroll and accounting software applications in the completion of engagements.
- Reviews the work of staff accountants and seasonal interns.
- Provides training to entry-level staff accountants and seasonal interns.
- Ensures all client deliverables (financials, reports, tax filings, etc.) are completed in an accurate, professional, and timely manner.
- Researches answers and solutions independently and with supervision to provide information and organize content for internal and external clients.
- Uses online and desk-top QuickBooks software to track/manage expenses and keeps track of daily transactions (invoice customers, pay bills, generate reports, review financial statements for compliance, missing data, or duplication and more) for our clients.
- At least 3 or more years of accounting and payroll experience.
- BA/BS in Accounting or related field or an Associate Accounting degree.
- Accounting experience includes but not limited to accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger and financial reporting.
- Knowledge of the regulatory requirements of processing payroll accounting transactions and payroll returns. Generates W-2's and 1099’s for clients.
- Knowledge of general ledger and year-end adjustments for cash and accrual basis entities.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Strong technical, analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients.
- BA/BS degree in accounting or related field.
- 3 or more years of work experience
- Experience with QuickBooks and 1 year experience with Sage, Excel, Engagement and Tax Accounting software at a high level of proficiency.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds, stand or sit for extended periods of time, as well as type/enter data at a keyboard regularly.
Salary: $75,000 - $100,000 based on experience plus benefits (On-site or Hybrid position)
Contact Aaron Fonder, Professional Recruiter, 507-280-2631 or Aaron.Fonder@expresspros.com
Express Office: Rochester
2518 North Broadway
Rochester, MN 55906
#ROCMNPandoLogic. Keywords: Senior Accountant, Location: Minneapolis, MN - 55405
Express Employment Professionals
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Express Employment Professionals