Express is seeking a Customer Support Specialist to join our team! You will be responsible for helping company stores and trucks by providing product and service information and resolving technical issues.
- Answer telephone calls from drivers, vendors, DCs, SSC and other external sources
- Handle company inquiries and concerns
- Work with fleet on assigned loads
- Report on pick up and delivery times
- Report on BOL
- Answer and process driver load messages through satellite communications and plan
- Provide information about the products and services
- Troubleshoot and resolve product issues and concerns
- Document and update records based on interactions
- Develop and maintain a knowledge base of the evolving products and services
- Previous experience in customer service, sales, or other related fields
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Positive and professional demeanor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient communication (written and verbal), listening, and interpersonal problem solving skills
- Knowledge of dedicated transportation operations
- High attention to detail, strong planning, and organization skills
- Understands driver logs and hours of service
- Proficient in usage of transportation optimization software to perform routing, tendering, scheduling, and shipment tracking
- Ability to function in a high-stress environment
EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- Distribution experience preferred.
- Quality check or audit experience preferred.
- Warehouse management system applications experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Logistics preferred, or comparable experience of one to two years in transportation operations for a retailer, manufacturing company, major carrier, or logistics company required.
- One to two years customer service experience preferred
- One to two years onsite driver dispatch experience preferred
- One year Driver Dispatch Management System (satellite dispatch systems) experience (McLeod, TMW, Telogis, Dispatch Tracks, AS400)