Title: Manufacturing Forklift/Shipping and Receiving Associate
Location: Mesquite, TX
Pay: $13/hour plus a $2.00 bonus for working 40 hours (this only applies to the 40 hours OT is not included)
Hours: M - F (7:00 am - 3:30pm)
Type: Temp to Perm
To be considered, submit resume to email@example.com
Please click on the link below to do our internal application:
· Customer Service - Create working relationships with our customer base.
· Maintain a high level of customer service at all times.
· Order Preparation - Have a basic knowledge of all products kept in the branch.
· Reading customer orders or packing slips to determine items to be pulled and staged for pick up by the customer or for delivery to the customers shop. Mark materials with identifying information using appropriate method. Double check orders as being picked up with the customer, or before the order leaves to be delivered.
· Prep boxes as orders are pulled; all trash shall be thrown into the appropriate place. Unload pallets, stacking a lot of boxes preparing them for shipment.
· Deliveries - Make timely daily deliveries to customers while maintaining good customer relations. Understand the Wright Express gas card procedures. Proper understanding of how to load a truck and trailer for delivery. Learn where the customer’s shops are, and how to properly unload the deliveries at their shop. Coordinate with managers on scheduling the deliveries.
· Receiving and Stocking Products - Unloading product trucks, physically receive in the merchandise and matching the truck receiver with what was actually shipped.
· Sorting and placing materials or items on racks, or shelves according to the predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
· Assist in counting of physical inventory.
· Shipping and Receiving
· Prepare parcels for mailing.
· Cleaning and Maintenance - Ensure warehouse is accessible and safe for sales people and customer traffic. Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times. Sweeping, dusting and mopping. May be assigned facilities maintenance/ janitorial duties as needed.
· Preform daily and weekly inspections on the company trucks, trailers and forklift.
· Additional duties as required.
· Two years’ experience in a warehouse setting.
· Please be advised that this is not a dedicated forklift job that you will perform all day you will be on your feet most of the day helping with other warehouse duties. The forklift will be used as needed throughout the day.
· 1-2 years of Shipping and Receiving Experience
· High school diploma or GED equivalent.
· Must possess a valid driver’s license and maintain a good driving record.
· Ability to effectively communicate and understand detailed and/or technical information including communicating with customers by phone or in person to ensure customer satisfaction and inquire about adding additional material to the orders to help increase sales.
· May be asked to fill in office capacity entering orders or taking them over the phone.
· Knowledge of warehouse operations.
· Must be able to drive a forklift (must have current experience)
· Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
· Able to work in non-controlled environment
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
· Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred, but not required.
· Must be able to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, climb or balance.
· Ability to manage multiple functions at one time.
· Ability to maintain attention to detailed information, occasionally for extended periods of time.
· Background check and drug screen will be administered
Express Employment Professionals Mesquite, TX
Why Work Here?