Express is helping a client of ours in the south Metro add a Warehouse Supervisor to their team. They are looking for a motivated and experienced candidate.
The primary function of this position is to coordinate the safe and accurate execution of the shipping & receiving warehouse operations. This position is the primary point of contact for the client's Customer Support group, plant supervisors, and transportation service providers.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Schedule, prioritize, and assign tasks to warehouse employees
- Efficient management /utilization of available warehouse facility space/related resources
- Bar code scanning implementation/troubleshooting
- Establishing inventory accuracy/cycle-counting programs, metrics/reporting processes
- Negotiation of freight rates/contracts with demonstrated cost savings
- Negotiation/justification of warehouse building/lease changes
- Efficiency improvement projects to improve picking and loading costs.
- Oversight/management of warehouse management information systems
- Effective collaboration/coordination with client's Customer Support and Finishing Departments
- Coordinate/organize shipping and receiving documentation
- Quality Control of shipping instructions & documentation as required (customer by customer basis)
- Complete shipment processing/initiation of customer invoices.
- Freight bill auditing/authorization for payment
- Daily utilization/interaction with the transportation providers (Traffic Management)
- This position will also be backup for Logistics Coordinator
- Finished Goods/Raw Material cycle-count execution
- Customer returns processing
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs.
- Working at heights up to 15 feet on a lift truck unit
- Standard work hours are 7:30am to 4:30pm Monday through Friday
- Over time (if required)
Supervisory Responsibilities: Responsible for employee schedules/performance evaluations/disciplinary actions/vacation scheduling, etc.
- General knowledge of LTL, truckload, & small package transportation providers
- Advanced knowledge of shipping/receiving/warehouse operations, and knowledge of LTL/truckload/small package transportation providers
- Basic computer knowledge/skills: MS Office Suite/ERP software
- Lift truck certification – fork lift/reach truck.
- Good communications skills for interaction with CP employees, drivers, and outside vendors
This position is currently offering a wage compensation of $60,000 per year
Take the first step toward your success. Connect now with an Express office in your area.
Express Employment Professionals - Lakeville, MN