Express Employment Professionals is an experienced staffing company dedicated to helping local businesses find local people for their open positions. We are currently working with a metals manufacturer located in the far South Chicago Suburbs, that is seeking an Administrative Assistant.
Administrative Assistant will perform specific tasks based on assignment and daily requirements. Candidate is expected to manually track/input data, modify spreadsheets, file documents, maintain receptionist area, greet visitors and review visitor guidelines, assist with implementing safety measures as directed. Candidate will serve as receptionist, as well as assistant to the Human Resources Department and Environmental Health and Safety Department.
- Greet and direct contractors/visitors which includes reviewing safety procedures
- Order lunches for plant and/or special occasions
- Maintain files - File/Scan documents
- Maintain and order office supplies
- Update various forms and spreadsheets in excel, word, or powerpoint
- Update specific information in Plex or other manufacturing software
- Schedule meetings and/or maintain Human Resources calendar (employee appointments) using Outlook
- Distribute/Sort mail for various departments
- Assist plant floor Management with various projects as needed
- Assist Accounting Department with various projects as needed
- Set up conference rooms based on events
- Post notifications on plant floor and office
- Complete all assignments within the timeframe allowed
Qualifications & Education
- H.S. Diploma or GED required
- Associates Degree preferred
- Ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend English (Bilingual a plus)
- 3-5 years’ experience working as an Administrative Assistant, Clerk, Office Assistant, Receptionist or similar
Apply Now! Or call us at 815-215-8400 to learn more about this position and to schedule an interview today!