Packaging Operator - Swing Shift
Pay: $13.50 + $1.00 Shift Differential
Shift: Monday - Friday, 5:30 pm – 2:00 am with possible overtime
Reads ink cartridge labels, sorts, selects and inserts ink cartridges into appropriate box for manual and semi-manual lines. Ensures boxed cartridges are assembled in accordance with quality, operations and time standards.
Works under direct supervision to perform routine and simple assembly and production job tasks where sequences, methods and instructions are well defined and routine in nature. May utilize simple hand and power tools.
- Picks and reviews labels on sealed ink cartridges to ensure correct cartridges are packaged together.
- Glues, applies labels and inserts boxed cartridges into finished boxes
- Conducts quality checks to ensure ink cartridges and boxes meet quality standards before and after packaging
- Safely operates small hand power tools associated with packaging tasks to label, stamp, staple, glue and tape ink cartridges and/or boxes
- High school diploma/GED, or equivalent education and experience
Training and Skills:
- 0-6 month’s general inspection, assembly, production experience in a manufacturing or warehouse environment preferred
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to work quickly and maintain high production volumes
- Ability to make basic quality judgments
- Ability to perform math functions using addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Good manual dexterity, visual acuity and attention to detail
- Ability to accurately follow verbal and written instructions
- Basic computer skills, including data entry
- Punctual, history of good attendance, positive communication and ability to work collaboratively in a team
- Position functions in a manufacturing/warehouse environment
- Exposure to moderate levels of noise and other factors from production and warehouse areas
- Must be able to stand during entire shift
- Must be able to bend, reach above head and stoop as needed
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, and maneuver up to 50 pounds
- Specialized cleanroom apparel and safety equipment may be required
- Exposure to and use of materials listed in departments online/book Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
Contact Express Employment Professionals for immediate consideration:
Email submit your resume through ZipRecruiter
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, Short Term Disability and Life insurance policies, a 401(k) retirement savings plan, Referral Bonuses, Direct Deposit with weekly pay and much more!!