Express Employment Professionals in Gastonia are looking for a couple of Steel Fabricators/Welders for a client located in the Gaston County area.
Structural and Misc Steel
1. Proficient in GMAW (MIG) welding in horizontal positions.
2. Capable of fabricating high quality parts that meet the required specifications on drawings.
3. Ability to learn to a proficient level making of calculations and the double checking of drawings, BOM's and cut lists to make accurate decisions on material requirements and to cut and group materials with the least amount of waste.
4. Able to weld on materials that may vary.
5. Weld and maintain parts within tolerance, as specified on technical drawings.
6. Able to work with jigs and fixtures, along with being able to set up and layout.
7. Proficient in the use of torches and cutting equipment.
8. Perform cross checks to ensure that parts are square in all directions along with double checking dimensions in accordance with technical drawing specifications.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Operate forklift safely and responsibly at all times
- Previous experience reading blue prints and production of structural weldments.
- Previous close tolerance fabrication experience helpful
- Previous experience reading blue prints and manufacturing fabrication parts from various materials.
- Previous close tolerance welding experience using MIG
Use general hand tools (grinders, hand drills, magnetic drills, portable hand saw, clamps of various types, belt sanders and pedestal grinders)
Must be able to lift 50lbs., work extended hours standing and possible outside work.
**Must be able to pass drug screen.