Warehouse Operations Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Express Employment Professionals is currently recruiting a talented Manager - Warehouse Operations for a growing client organization in Jessup, MD.
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
Job Summary: This Client Company is the carrier of choice for customers requiring on-site, high touch, and specialized handling. They manage deliveries for a wide range of products for the tech, communications, electronics, and healthcare industries (and many more). Their experienced drivers safely load, unload, and set up products for consumers and companies.
The Manager - Operations is responsible for the day-to-day operations in the warehouse, office, and our fleet activity.
What you will gain: Their internal practices support the development of career paths, and highly value promoting from within the organization. With a variety of divisions and locations all over the United States, the potential for growth is limitless. They also offer a competitive compensation package, including paid training, paid time off, and a complete benefits package. This includes medical, vision, dental, and life insurance which all begin after your first 60 days of employment.
- Supervises the office and warehouse staff.
- Responsible for meeting and/or exceeding warehouse and service metrics.
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and actions.
- Manages labor costs and street productivity.
- Is an escalation point for contractors/driver teams for concerns and disputes.
- Assists in the coordination of load-out and ensuring everyone has assigned orders on a daily basis.
- Supports DC Operations to ensure all actions are completed by the commitment date and process efficiencies are met.
- Maintains ongoing relationships with external and internal customers.
- Hires, trains and builds a high-impact team, including review and development of direct reports.
- Manages processes to ensure compliance with procedures.
- A high school diploma or GED required
- 5+ years of experience in the transportation industry required
- AA or BA in a relevant field strongly preferred
EEO Statement: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
Express Employment Professionals - Columbia (Balt./Wash.Corridor), MDWhy Work Here?
This is a Fantastic Opportunity to work for one of the largest and fastest growing Staffing Firms in the country with excellent compensation
Integrity in Every Decision and Action - Commitment to the Success of Employees, Customers, Agents, Contractors and Communities.
Transportation and Storage