Be a part of the future! One of Central Oregon’s alternative energy teams is seeking an experienced Hardware Electrical Engineer to join their team!
Where You Ge to Live!
Bend, Oregon is the mountain town that has it all! Located in the in the shadows of the Cascade Mountains and surrounded by numerous lakes and rivers, Central Oregon is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise. Check out the sights and sounds of Bend at: https://vimeo.com/200038114
What You Get to Do!
This key team member is responsible for developing electrical systems and electronic hardware used for control of fuel cell systems and modules while providing guidance to other engineering disciplines to formulate cost effective designs that may be enhanced by electronic methods. Hthis role will manage a small group of electronic technicians and associated lab staff while providing a wide degree of creativity and latitude.
- Designs, develops, and analyzes all aspects of analog and digital hardware.
- Specify system level architectures crossing hardware and software regimes.
- Utilize current technologies in component selection, manufacture, test, and design methods.
- Utilizes experience in hardware and software to achieve cost effective designs that best fit the project requirements and available resources.
- Selects components, test equipment, software applications for the design and manufacture of our products.
- Aids in the selection of vendors for the fabrication and test of circuit boards, modules, and cable assemblies.
- Write, debug, test and maintain code written in C, Python, and/or assembly for real time embedded microcontroller-based products.
- Provide high quality detailed documentation for smooth transitions into manufacturing.
- Designs, develops, and analyzes engineering processes for documentation and control of both company-produced designs and procured components.
- Designs, develops, and documents test fixtures and procedures.
- Provide technical direction to electrical technicians, field service engineers and documentation personnel.
- Works closely with manufacturing to monitor vendor performance, quality, and cost issues.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Electrical Engineering preferred)
- At least 5 years’ experience in the field or in a related area
- Work well as a team player
- Mixed signal design experience
- Strong programming skills in C and assembly language
- Familiar with Aultium Software; symbol creation and schematic capture as well as footprint creation
- Knowledge of FPGA/CPLD development tools such as Lattice Diamond software
- Ability to design and layout Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs)
- Knowledge of the PCB manufacturing process
- Experience working with PCB Fabricators to answer any technical questions that arise
- Work with Electronic Manufacturing Service (EMS) companies to build prototype and production PCBAs
- Ability to design and build Engineering & Production Test Carts to validate product functionality and assess component long term reliability
- Support offshore manufacturing facilities when production issues arise.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair PCBAs to the component level
- Skilled at soldering fine pitch components (20 mil), resistor and capacitors down to 0402 in size
- Work with component manufacturers and analytical labs to perform root cause failure analysis
- Support EMI/EMC Testing and develop solutions to meet compliance
- Analyze Fuel Cell System log file data to determine probable cause of any failure in the factory or field
- Familiar with HALT/HASS testing and methodology
- Ability to design and build wire harnesses
- Experience with product commercialization and documentation requirements
To Apply: For confidential consideration, please submit resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Express Employment Professionals Central Oregon
Why Work Here?Express Employment Professionals is one of the top staffing companies in the U.S. and Canada. We help people find jobs and provide workforce solutions to businesses. Express provides a full range of employment solutions that include full-time, temporary, and part-time employment in a wide range of positions, including professional, commercial and administrative. Equal opportunity employer.
Live & work in beautiful Central Oregon!