Export-Import Bank of the United StatesWashington, DC
Posted: 21 days ago
CLIENT CARE SPECIALIST ======================
Export-Import Bank of the United States
##### Office of Small Business/Client Care Division
- ##### Open & closing dates
08/23/2019 to 09/06/2019
- ##### Service
- ##### Pay scale & grade
- ##### Salary
$57,510 to $74,759 per year
- ##### Appointment type
- ##### Work schedule
Washington, DC FEW vacancies
##### Relocation expenses reimbursed
##### Telework eligible
Yes as determined by agency policy
- Duties ------
**Announcement may be used to fill similar positions within 60 days of the closing date.**
This position is located in the Office of SVP, Small Business, Client Care Division, under the direct supervision of the Director, Minority and Women Owned Business & Multiplier Outreach.
About this agency
Learn more about this agency
**At the full performance level, duties include, but are not limited to:**
- Receives and reviews Insurance (short and medium term), Working Capital Guarantee (WCG) and Master Guarantee Agreement (MGA) applications, as well as insurance policy approvals containing new quotations, policies, policy assignments, approved renewals and amendments for issuance. Enters all pertinent data into the EXIM's Application Processing System (APS) and EXIM Online System. Assembles and distributes copies of WCG and MGA applications and attachments to the appropriate divisions of the Bank. - Receives and expedites regular and periodic updates of information concerning the credit applications and their status from Relationship Managers, brokers and applicants, and processes this information in the appropriate system. - Prepares products and materials and travels to trade shows and seminars, both domestic and international. Sets up booths that showcase EXIM's financing opportunities and supports Business Development Specialist by providing exporters guidance on EXIM programs. - Conducts a review for accuracy and completeness of application or insurance policy request ensuring that the appropriate materials are included. Often verifies with applicants that correct back-up materials such as financial statements, trade references, the original application/signature, and credit reports are located in the file. Reviews application documents for authorized signatures. Verifies medium term transaction calculations for accuracy and that correct certifications and supporting documents are included with the applications and notifies the Relationship Manager of any erroneous discoveries or missing documentation. For policy assignment requests, researches records to determine if an assignment is currently on file or if a predetermination has been made to deny an assignment request. - Instructs and advises appropriate EXIM staff when errors/omissions related to insurance policy documents occur on and/or when changes/corrections must be made. Monitors and tracks files that are returned to Relationship Managers for corrections and/or final review. - Selects from the database the appropriate format for each policy, renewal, amendment and endorsement. Determines when exceptions apply and specific aspects of requested coverage require a special combination of policy related documents to ensure proper coverage is endorsed to prevent unnecessary claims or actions against EXIM Bank. - Ensures applicant provides clear description of the U.S. goods and services to be financed allowing the Engineering Division to obtain correct Standard Industry Classification (SIC) and/or the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code and for the Policy Analysis Division to make a determination on Economic Impact. - On behalf of the Bank, contacts EXIM New Insurance customers to welcome them to the Bank and assist them with understanding their policy. Provide guidance on how to navigate the EXIM Online System. - Responsible for retrieving and distributing international and domestic credit reports. This responsibility requires knowledge of Dun & Bradstreet and other credit reporting interactive software programs. - Assists Business Development Specialists in providing guidance to clients regarding credit standards, country limitations, etc. from inception of a potential transaction until a well-structured and complete application is submitted to the Bank. - On behalf of the Bank, contacts EXIM Insurance customers whose policies are under-utilized to educate them on how to utilize their policy. Make recommendations when necessary about other government agencies that provide export assistance. Provide guidance on how to navigate the EXIM Online System. - Maintains a current and in depth knowledge of all programs, structures, Bank policies, and market changes necessary to fulfill the mission of the Small Business Division. Assists higher-level specialists in preparing presentations for senior management and advisory committee meetings on marketing activities, and prepares senior management for congressional testimony on issues relevant to business development. - On behalf of the Bank, meets with all potential clients that are or could be a party to any U.S. export transaction within his/her assigned area or category. Educates clients in that area on the array of EXIM and other agency programs available to exporters and importers of U.S. equipment and services. Advises clients or potential clients on how to apply for U.S. government assistance, program requirements of that assistance, applicable fees, documentary requirements, and financial structures appropriate for a proposed transaction. - Researches and creates detailed exporter reports to be provided to Business Development Specialists. - Works on special projects and performs other duties as required by management.
### Travel Required
50% or less - This position requires domestic travel and long hours.
##### Supervisory status
##### Promotion Potential
- #### Job family (Series)
0301 Miscellaneous Administration And Program
#### Similar jobs
- Development Managers - Development Specialists - Engineering Managers - Managers, All Other - Managers, Development - Managers, Engineering
- Requirements ------------
### Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship - Background and Security/Suitability Investigation - You may be required to serve a one year probationary period - Specialized experience MUST be documented on your resume - This position requires domestic travel and long hours
**Specialized Experience (Credit for Specialized Experience on resume must reflect 40 hours/Full-time per week for each period of work):**
**GS-09**: You must have one (1) year of specialized experience that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled. To be creditable, specialized experience must have been equivalent to at least the **GS-07** level in the Federal Government. Specialized experience includes: - Experience preparing written reports per managerial requests - Experience working with customers that are both internal and external to the organization - Experience utilizing software databases to complete work
If you are substituting education for experience to qualify for at this level, you must have two full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Master's degree OR a Master's degree or equivalent graduate degree.
If you are combining both education and experience to qualify for this level, equivalent combinations of education and experience are qualifying for this grade level.
**For qualification determinations, your resume must contain the following for each work experience listed:** - Organization/Agency's Name - Title - Salary (series and grade, if applicable) - Start and end dates (including the month and year) - Number of hours you worked per week - Relevant experience that supports your response to the specialized experience that is stated in the job announcement
**If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as incomplete and you will not receive consideration for this position.**
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Part-time and/or unpaid experience related to this position will be considered to determine the total number of years and months of experience. Be sure to note the number of paid or unpaid hours worked each week.
Additional information on the qualification requirements is outlined here.
Time-in-grade requirements must be met by 09/06/2019, the closing date of the announcement.
### Additional information
**Noncompetitive Appointment Authorities**: The following links contain information on the eligibility requirements to be considered under a noncompetitive appointing authority:
- Career Transition (ICTAP/CTAP) - Primary Appointing Authorities for Career and Career-Conditional Appointments - Hiring Authorities for Veterans - People with Disabilities
**Selective Service:** If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, you must certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System, or are exempt from having to do so under the Selective Service Law.
This agency provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the agency. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
**Ethical Standards/Financial Disclosure:**
EXIM is committed to the highest ethical standards. As an employee, you will be covered by the criminal conflict of interest statutes and the Standards of Ethical Conduct for Employees of the Executive Branch. You will be required to complete new employee ethics training within 3 months of your appointment.
If this position is subject to financial disclosure requirements (either public or confidential depending upon your position), you will be required to complete a new entrant financial disclosure report within 30 days of your appointment.
### How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the job opportunity announcement closes, a careful evaluation of your resume and supporting documentation will be made, and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you meet the job qualifications; and to the extent to which your application shows that you possess the competencies associated with this position. If, after evaluating your resume and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your responses when compared to your background information, your category may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your skills and abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
**Important Note:** Your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses to the occupational questionnaire or other assessment tool for consistency. If a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is supported by your resume, you will be assigned a rating commensurate to your described experience. Your resume should provide sufficient information regarding how your education and experience relate to this position, including the major duties and qualifications criteria listed.
### Background checks and security clearance
##### Security clearance
##### Drug test required
##### Position sensitivity and risk
Non-sensitive (NS)/Low Risk
##### Trust determination process
- Required Documents ------------------
**Your application package should include the following documents:**
- **Your Resume** (applicants are required to submit a resume with job title, series/grade (if federal employee), duties and accomplishments, employer's name, starting and ending dates of employment, number of hours worked per week, and annual salary). **If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as incomplete and you will not receive consideration for this position.** - **Copy of your most recent SF-50** which shows your position title, series, grade, step, salary, position occupied, and tenure to verify Time-in-Grade/competitive status. If you have previously held a higher grade and are applying based on that grade you must provide a copy of the SF-50 showing you held the higher grade and/or have promotion potential to the grade being advertised. Do NOT submit award SF-50s. - **Proof of Veteran's Preference - DD-214 (Member 4 Copy)** if you are requesting a special appointment authority, such as VRA or VEOA, if applicable. If a DD-214 (Member Copy 4) is not available, other documentation listing the beginning and ending dates of active service and the type of discharge must be submitted to verify eligibility. - Proof of severe disability if you are requesting special placement consideration, if applicable. - Proof of eligibility for a military spouse appointment, such as a permanent change station military order, if applicable. - Proof of eligibility for any other special appointing authority not specifically mentioned here, if applicable. - **Unofficial Transcripts,** if the position has an education requirement or if you are using education to qualify. If selected for the position, you must provide an official transcript before appointment. - Proof of U.S. accreditation for foreign study, if applicable. - **Special Priority Selection rights under CTAP or ICTAP:** Submit a copy of your agency notice, copy of your most recent performance appraisal (with at least a satisfactory rating), and your most current SF-50 position title, grade level, and duty location, if applicable. - Submission of any required documents listed in vacancy announcement, if applicable.
**Please note that if you do not provide all required information/documents, as specified in this announcement, you may not be considered for this position (or may not receive the special consideration for which you may be eligible).** #### If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
- Benefits --------
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply ------------
Applications will only be accepted online.
To apply for this position, you must complete the occupational questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below.
The following is a link to preview the occupational questionnaire: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10585233
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 09/06/2019 to receive consideration.
- To begin, click Apply Online to create a USAJOBS account or log in to your existing account. Follow the prompts to select your USAJOBS resume and/or other supporting documents and complete the occupational questionnaire. - Click the Submit My Answers button to submit your application package. - It is your responsibility to ensure your responses and appropriate documentation is submitted prior to the closing date. - To verify your application is complete, log into your USAJOBS account here, select the Application Status link and then select the more information link for this position. The Details page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and any correspondence the agency has sent related to this application. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
To return to an incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account and click Update Application in the vacancy announcement. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
### Agency contact information
### Dana Pinkney
Export-Import Bank of the United States 811 Vermont Avenue, NW Washington, DC 20571 US
Learn more about this agency
### Next steps
After all application packages have been received, we will review your application to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. We will evaluate each applicant who meets the basic qualifications on the information in the Occupational Questionnaire and may interview best-qualified applicants.
- Fair & Transparent ------------------
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
### Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
### Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job. - An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace. - An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
#### Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability - Social security number request - Privacy Act - Signature and false statements - Selective Service - New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/543685100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.