- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Join us in powering the future of healthcare cost containment.
Expion Health (formerly HRGi Holdings, Inc.) has an exciting opportunity for a Staff Accountant. Our team of brilliant professionals are continuously expanding the boundaries of the healthcare industry through innovations that intersect data and technology and amplifies human intelligence to result in better outcomes. We need people like you to join in our commitment to drive pure exponential value for our clients and partners.
Are you up for the challenge?
You'll work in a highly collaborative and creative Accounting team comprised of talented Accounting professionals to support the businesses' operations and ensure effective accounting procedures. Use creativity and innovation to solve problems in ways that have never been imagined before. Build relationships with key stakeholders, deliver visibility across the entire accounting team, and support process improvements.
You will have the chance to work with cutting edge technologies in an innovation driven environment where the team works collaboratively to solve challenges to achieve common goals. In this role you will:
- Deliver and Execute (40%)- Assist the Controller in the preparation and review of the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial processes; Perform accounting procedures (e.g. day-to-day accounting and month-end financial reporting activities) and contribute towards our general financial matters; Be involved in certain complex transaction analysis, debt, leases and payroll, as well as ensuring proper journal entries are recorded; Follow best practices established by the organization and participate in improvement conversations; Consistently helps the team achieve results, even under tough circumstances
- Reconciliations (40%) - Develop and maintain our balance sheet reconciliations, while preparing monthly journal entries.
- Learn and Grow (15%) - Learn through successful and failed experiment when tackling new problems; Actively seeks ways to grow and be challenged
- Plan and Align (5%) - Builds partnerships and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives; Works across functions and supports client first mindset; Relates openly and comfortably within diverse groups of people
This role will require limited travel (0% to 5%).
What you bring
To be successful in this role you'll need:
- Experience working with databases to load data, run queries, and perform reporting
- Ability to turn data into valuable business insights
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Desire to learn new applications and processes
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and adhere to strict deadlines
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from key stakeholder
- Able to work independently and in a group
- To feel at home with being part of a collaborative, nimble, and high-performing team within a fast-paced, startup-like environment
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Enjoy pushing your skills and development to manage ambiguity, be adaptable, and cultivate innovation
- Active involvement in day-to-day operational accounting activities including, but not limited to, management of the general ledger and creation of journal entries
- Prepare monthly reconciliations
- Interpret financial transactions and resolve accounting discrepancies
- Key participant in month / quarter / year-end closing processes
- Perform financial analysis to identify significant fluctuations for review of accuracy
- Support the annual financial audit process with external audit teams
- Lead the expense accrual process, coordinate with various departments across the company to compile the data and ensure completeness and accuracy of the accruals
- Assist with the preparation of financial statements, including the statement of cash flows
- Perform special projects on accounting and control matters as requested
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance required
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience with Corporate Accounting experience required
- Excellent analytical ability, attention to detail, and ability to work independently and in teams
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including ability to effectively present complex analysis to broader Accounting and Finance Teams
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and act with a sense of urgency
- Ability to work with competing priorities under tight deadlines
- CPA preferred but not required
- Familiarity with Great Plains, Prophix or equivalent/similar applications
- Excellent time management, planning and organizational skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and research skills
- Resourceful and self-motivated in a remote work environment
What it's like to work with us
Expion Health has been challenging the industry status quo for over 30 years, leading with ground-breaking innovation in a wide variety of healthcare cost-management solutions. Embracing the latest opportunities that technology can offer within a rapidly evolving industry, we provide exceptional service, technology, and product innovation to meet greater challenges in healthcare cost management.
We have a distributed workforce so you can work from anywhere in the continental United States. Because of our distributed nature we have cultivated a connected culture that includes town halls, one-on-ones with executive leadership, educational forums, and even social clubs.
We offer comprehensive benefits package which includes the following:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Short term disability and long-term disability
- Life insurance and AD&D
- Supplemental life insurance (Employee/Spouse/Child)
- Healthcare and dependent care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Healthcare Savings Account
- Pre-tax commuter and parking benefits
- 401(k) Savings and Investment Plan with company match
- Paid time off
- Internet and cellphone allowance
Protect Yourself from Job Scams: Always remember that anyone representing Expion Health will only contact you from an official Expion Health (@expionhealth.com) email address. We will never contact you via text message, ask you to download software, or ask for a financial commitment. If you receive a suspicious interview request or job offer claiming to be from Expion Health, please report it to us immediately by going to our Contact form and selecting "Careers" as the topic. You can also report job scams to your local attorney general, the FTC, and the FBI.
Exponent HealthMyrtle Point, OR
Finance and Insurance
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.