Expert Staffing in Partnership with Boutwell, Owens & Co, Inc. is hiring a Digital Press Operator in Fitchburg, MA!
11pm to 7am Monday -Friday
(Pre-employment screening required).
Printing manufacturing industry experience a huge plus, not required.
This position exists in order to provide leadership and technical expertise in the direction of a crew in the set-up
and operation of the HP Indigo Digital Press for producing high-quality paperboard packaging that meets
customer requirements for accurate and consistent color, image position and image content.
SUPERVISOR: This position reports to the Printing Manager.
- High school or vocational/technical school diploma or equivalent,
- The ability to read and write English,
- The ability to perform simple arithmetic computations, (Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication & Division), including comfort working with fraction and decimals, is required,
- Accurate color discrimination,
- Computer competency is preferred.
EXPERIENCE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Background and experience in conventional offset press operation, preferably color printing, or digital press print production operations Preferred, not required.
- Understanding the basic concept of prepress, Preferred not required
- Minimum of two years’ experience, (five years preferred), as a Lead Pressperson on a multi-color offset printing machine producing quality, 4-color process work is preferred.
- Experience leading, motivating and training a multi-person crew is preferred.
- Color theory and practice preferred.
- “Procedure-oriented” and methodical individual with strong drive to succeed - WILL TRIAIN RIGHT PERSON!
- Communication skills required
- Must be able to handle frequent interruptions and re-formulation of plans, and should be capable of providing input regarding process, quality and productivity improvements.
- Should display initiative, be capable of performing detailed examinations and remain attentive to detail, which includes the ability to concentrate amid distractions.
- Creativity, analytical ability, troubleshooting and problem solving skills are desirable since a wide range of project types exists.
EQUIPMENT USED by PERSONS IN THIS POSITION:
HP Indigo Digital Press, hand-held densitometers, scanning densitometers, plate bending machine, hand trucks, barrel jacks, and assorted hand tools.
- This position is responsible for the following:
- Consistent and accurate reproduction quality of printed paperboard while minimizing raw material waste and maximizing machine and crew capacity,
- Standard of quality of all product produced by the crew under his/her leadership,
- Inspecting printed product,
- Qualifying product on the basis of inspection attributes and specifications,
- Identifying and segregating marginal and non-conforming product,
- Releasing and communicating the status of the qualified, printed product for further processing
JOB DUTIES BY EXAMPLE:
NOTE: A position may not include all the work examples given nor does the list include all that may be assigned.
1. *Review job order specifications and department instruction sheets to ensure that the specified materials are used and specifications are followed.
2. *Delegate and direct the activities and tasks to crewmembers.
3. *Encourage and motivate crewmembers.
4. *Set-up and adjust machinery.
5. *Adjust image position in relation to other images.
6. *Troubleshoot and correct quality and machinery problems or refer them to Management.
7. *Monitor the operation of the machinery and make adjustments as required.
8. *Control color to specified proofs.
9. *Inspect printed product using visual observations and comparisons and densitometry equipment.
10. *Qualify printed product on the basis of specifications and quality attributes.
11. *Manage raw material usage and minimize raw material waste.
12. * Identify the status of marginal and non-conforming product.
13. *Segregate and communicate the status of marginal and non-conforming product.
14. *Train and develop crewmembers.
15. *Interact with the Printing Manager to evaluate the performance of crewmembers.
16. *Interact with the Printing Manager to suggest potential process, quality and productivity improvements.
17. *Perform preventive maintenance.
18. *Perform minor repairs.
19. Detect and overcome raw material problems or refer them to Management and seek replacement.
20. Set-up, adjusts and operate when applicable.
21. Save qualifying “Save Sheet” for each job order.
22. Document production quantities.
23. Document material usage.
24. Direct and ensure line clearance at the conclusion of each job order.
25. Direct and ensure the return of excess raw materials to inventory, and the return of specifications such as proofs, save sheets, etc to appropriate files and storage after each job order.
26. All other task as assigned.
Apply today at Expert-staffing.com. Walk-ins welcomed from 9:00am until 3:00pm at 40 Spruce St, Leominster, Ma. Call today for immediate consideration at 978-798-1610