Position type : Full-Time
Location : White Plains, NY
Top Reasons to Work for my Client:
- 100% Remote position.
- Work Autonomy
- Amazing culture which rewards success
- Work on latest technologies
- Comprehensive benefits – medical, vision, dental, paid time off
- Company matched 401K and pension plan
- Manager is well-liked and respected by his team.
The Full-Stack Engineer plays a key role for the enterprise as a member of the Solutions Delivery Team by overseeing and performing "hands-on" development of all "full-stack" (both front-end and back-end ) software across the entire new platform. This role continuously performs hands-on software development while managing, inspecting and adapting the work of multiple large teams in parallel in order to meet business objectives in an accurate and timely manner.
The ideal candidate is a full-stack software engineer by trade able to coordinate with and contribute alongside large teams of software and web engineers to delivery software that maximizes revenue and reduces cost while meeting business objectives. Extensive infrastructure, application, integration, data and security technology expertise along with a passion for innovation and leading large software development teams through a hands-on approach is essential. A deep track record of success leading large life insurance full-stack software engineering teams to continually meet business objectives while providing Level II application production support is mandatory.
What you will be doing:
- Adapts and supports all of client’s custom code bases responsible for driving sales.
- Utilizes large teams of both internal employees and external resources on demand to adapt and sustain custom sales code bases used by 300 internal sales agents (35+% of total sales) as well as custom sales code bases enabling throughput by the customer facing website and external agency partner sales portal (65+% of total sales).
- Personally delivers complex life insurance related software by coding, debugging and testing programs using all technologies in place across the entire platform.
- Accountable for inspecting all software delivered by establishing lean test automation as a means of platform regression defense and manual acceptance testing reduction for each subsequent improvement iteration.
- Adheres to and aids in the formulation of software delivery standards to reinforce all data security standards, ensures peer review, and consistently inspects and adapts.
- Optimizes continuous integration and applies required infrastructure, technologies and techniques for rapidly introducing software changes to the user base.
- Supports configuration and change management processes with ongoing review/validation of product releases to support continuous improvement.
- Employs quantitative methods for measuring defects and resolution velocity and sets targets for individuals and the team
- 10 years minimum hands on experience as a Full Stack Developer with a concentration on large public facing direct to consumer sites.
- Extensive knowledge of widely used browsers, whether desktop or mobile and related development tools like Firebug and Chrome Dev Tools.
Certified IBM WebSphere Application Server
Certified Java Developer
Certified Spring Developer
Certified Agile Developer
Skills you will need:â€<
- Customer Facing Websites,Spring MVC,WebSphere,AngularJS,jQuery