Position type : Full-Time
Location : Orlando, FL
Top reasons to work for my client:
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities!
- High-quality learning and development opportunities!
- Cross-functional training opportunities!
- Tuition reimbursement!
- Casual dress every day
- Onsite Fitness Center and Wellness Center!
- Day 1 Medical, Dental and Vision insurance plus 401k with contribution!
- Amazing family like work culture with inclusion & diversity!
- Amazing PTO plus paid days off referred to as flex time!
- Dining discounts in our restaurants for you and your guests!
- GREAT RELOCATION PACKAGE AVAILABLE!!!
This application developer provides technical expertise in designing, developing, and supporting data architecture, integrations, and analysis for enterprise data warehouse solutions, especially solutions in support of our client’s CRM initiatives such as Campaign analysis. This role creates technical design specifications from business/functional requirements.
Works with internal stakeholders to clarify data, system, and analytic requirements as appropriate. Configures, programs/creates solutions and unit tests development work to ensure quality, including advanced complex SQL queries and procedures. Works within company’s SDLC methodology and adheres to technical architecture standards. Works with senior team members in proactively identifying potential problems and issues and actively communicates and manages issues to resolution. Works closely with multiple functional areas to define data and business analytical requirements. Develops deep subject area knowledge of complex CRM and Marketing data/data models and works closely with CRM resources to educate and assist them.
What you will be doing:
- Work closely with key stakeholders and other project team members to understand and prioritize functional requirements and information needs. Participate and/or lead development of functional requirements and design specifications as appropriate.
- Work closely with business users to interpret the data needs of the business and assist in translation of those to logical / physical data models and data designs; create and test advanced complex SQL queries and Oracle PL/SQL packages and procedures, and provide review and QA of queries from others.
- Participate in research, proof of concepts, and testing for potential new tools, methods, and technologies in the data space.
- Develop, create and document technical specifications and designs from which applications and/or technical solutions can be developed that satisfy documented business /functional requirements; envision potential future requirements and business needs to ensure solutions are flexible and extensible.
- Provide development and technical expertise to ensure business intelligence/EDW solutions function according to business and technical requirements. Prepare and deliver technical documentation as required.
- Ensure that all solutions, technical configurations and other work products are thoroughly unit-tested prior to delivery; participate in system/integration testing as appropriate; perform reviews and other QA steps as requested.
- Adhere to Darden SDLC and technology architecture requirements. Contribute to architecture design principles and standards as appropriate.
- Proactively identify and communicate potential problems and issues to project team members/ leaders. Proactively identify alternatives and recommend/implement solutions as appropriate.
- Ensure accurate project status and work estimates (ETCs) are always reported /communicated to project leaders/managers in a timely fashion. Develop detailed project and task estimates as needed.
- Effectively communicate with stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle. Ensure issues are analyzed, discussed and resolved in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the end-user community in an internal customer support role, answering procedural and data questions, assisting users with complex data analysis, and working with developers to trouble-shoot and support production systems.
- Maintain and modify existing projects, applications and systems as required. This includes being on call to support production systems.
- Must have excellent client-facing and business and data analysis skills; solid teamwork and interpersonal skills; strong ability to work independently when appropriate; ability to manage multiple assignments and projects simultaneously with a track record of project completion.
Experience you will need:
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience programming in SQL, with strong coding skills
- Oracle PL/SQL application development experience/skills (i.e. hands-on development of packages, procedures, functions, etc. leveraging Oracle PL/SQL)
- Experience with ELT/ETL, data profiling, data quality for large complex data systems
- Demonstrated ability to track issues back to the source and dig into data to identify, document, resolve, and communicate root causes for issues
- Highly developed analytical, problem solving and debugging skills, with strong ability to quickly learn and comprehend business processes and problems
- A strong familiarity with general DBMS concepts (Oracle and Snowflake experience preferred)
- Deep knowledge of best practices through relevant experience across data-related disciplines and technologies particularly for enterprise wide data architectures and data warehousing/BI
- Experience with semi-structured data
- BS / BA in MIS, Computer Science, Business, Mathematics or Engineering
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task across numerous lines of business
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms and complex business concepts in technical terms; ability to clearly and concisely communicate procedural and data requirements and/or issues
- Experience with big data and with Cloud platforms/technologies/databases such as Hive, Spark SQL, Snowflake
- Experience with Windows batch scripting or Unix shell scripting
- Experience with Microstrategy in large, complex environments
- Experience with visualization tools
- Experience with complex customer/guest data and systems and campaign analysis
- Knowledge of restaurant or retail business
Skills you will need:â€<
- Advanced SQL Programming,Translation of Data Models and Data Designs,Oracle PL/SQL Programming language