Position type : Full-Time
Location : Columbus, OH
Top reasons to work for my client:
- Work with the latest cutting-edge technologies!
- Four weeks of paid time off (PTO) per year! Holiday Pay!
- Dollar-for-dollar 401(k) match up to 5% of associates’ salaries!
- Profit sharing!
- Tuition reimbursement!
- Free life and disability insurance!
- Be recognized and awarded for your hard work and contributions!
- Safe, professional working environment!
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance!
This position is responsible for overseeing the credit and debit card portfolio operations including card production, activation, usage, penetration, and disputes. The Card Services Manager is the Credit Union expert on industry best practices, statistics and trends for all card programs to operationalize card portfolio growth. This position will serve as liaison between the strategic card leadership/departments (Lending, Marketing, Compliance and Operations/Card Services).
What you will be doing:
- Direct and support credit and debit card product operational strategies.
- Knowledgeable of Reg E and Card Act; Visa credit and MasterCard debit regulations, policies and chargeback rights.
- Work with third-party card processor to support the implementation of LOC management and fraud rule guidelines to gain efficiencies within the card disputes and portfolio program, identify exceptions, and pursue alternative solutions.
- Manage and develop Card Services associates, procedures, and levels of competency through training and established educational Visa/MasterCard certification programs.
- Review enhancements and resolutions on Visa statements, including but not limited to finance charge calculation buckets, late fees, and payoffs, and in-house rewards program.
- Develops an understanding of Credit Union history, philosophy, organization, policies and operational procedures.
- Supervise data collection, tracking, and analysis of all card programs using dashboards, reports, etc., to provide program recommendations to leadership/departments (Lending/Marketing/Card Services).
- Conducts regular review of market trends and studies on competitor activities to identify opportunities/gaps. Evaluate ongoing features/benefits tailored for each target segment.
- Work with Marketing to develop marketing plans to drive business growth and meet Credit Union target.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining professional business relations with Members, Credit Union personnel and management, institutions, and merchants:
- Obtains and conveys information as needed;
- Resolves (or refers) questions and requests promptly and courteously
- Keeps Members informed of Credit Union services and policies
- Maintains and projects the Credit Union’s professional reputation
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: (a) can get along with coworkers or peers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; (b) perform work activities requiring negotiating, instructing, supervising, persuading or speaking with others; and (c) respond appropriately to feedback.
Experience you will need:
- 5 years of experience in the card services industry
- 1-2 years minimum of managerial experience
- Proven card program management experience with a vast knowledge of card processing procedures and requirements
- Ability to collect and analyze data to make recommendations for all card programs
- Thorough understanding of Reg E, Card Act and of all card programs and processes including the back-office functions
- Ability to communicate, verbally and in writing, in a professional manner when dealing with employees, members, vendors, and company contacts.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Competent computer skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and constant interruptions
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Assertive problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well independently or as part of a team
- Ability to follow Credit Union core values of “Members, Integrity, Respect, Results”
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or a related field
- Prior experience in a financial/banking institution
- Prior experience in a customer service role
Skills you will need:â€<
- Card Program Management,Managerial Experience,Regulation E and Card Act