- Fortune 500 Company!
- Long term contract with possibilities of extensions and/or full time hiring!
- #7 for Top Companies for Executive Women!
- #132 Americas Best Employers 2018! #240 Worlds best employers 2017!
- #62 Best Employers for Diversity in 2018!
- Ranked 12th on Diversity Inc Magazines 2018 list!
- Autonomy and an awesome work environment!
- Work for a well-liked andrespected manager
- Scored a 100% on the Corporate Equality Index continuously since 2005 by HRC!
What you will be doing:
Purchases assigned items and executes buying strategies in accordance with agreed upon material buying plans at the optimum cost. Analyzes sourcing information and presents findings for process improvement while maintaining high quality product and/or service delivery.
- Procures inventory, supplies, and capital goods, places purchase orders with vendors.
- Analyzes purchasing initiatives and processes in support of the delivery of cost effective and high-quality goods and services.
- Prepares and presents recommendations of improvement opportunities and alternative courses of action to senior purchasing leaders.
- Consistently applies sourcing policies, procedures and processes.
- Supports Six Sigma projects through active team membership or provision of data and market intelligence.
- Interacts with suppliers with regard to payments and order fulfillment.
- Collects/validates relevant supplier score card data.
- Provides delivery/expediting support to the plant/site during supplier issues.
- Supports management and execution of engineering releases
What you will need:
- A Bachelors Degree is required for this role
- At least 1-year direct material planner and/or direct material purchasing experience required.
- Manager is seeking a hire that is a quick learned and can work effectively and efficiently on their own once trained.
- Exercises moderate independent judgment with direction from supervisor
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, negotiation skills and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of supply chain management
- Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word and Excel, power point.