- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Systems Engineer – Entry Level
Location: Memphis, TN (Bartlett)
What does the Experitec Systems Engineer role look like?
The Systems Engineer is a part of our Engineering Services organization and is responsible for assisting in the definition, design, installation, optimization, and maintenance of process control and instrumentation systems in our customers manufacturing facilities. Our customers are largely manufacturing facilities and Upstream Oil & Gas. We serve many different industries including chemical, power generation, refining, oil & gas, food & beverage, pulp & paper, and water.
Systems Engineers work as a team to coordinate and install control systems and field instrumentation as part of process control projects and support opportunities involving system hardware design, software configuration, instrumentation design, and plant operations improvement. The engineer experiences a broad range of topics including control strategy analysis, and manufacturing plant troubleshooting and support. Systems Engineers work to establish strong relationships with Experitec’s customers. Through these relationships, our engineers identify and address areas of improvement within our customers’ facilities. Our Systems Engineers work with plant operations, process engineering, maintenance, and technical support.
What is the Systems Engineer responsible for?
The Systems Engineer will be responsible for providing engineering and design services to our customers to maximize the value of their process control systems. Some examples of your day-to-day activities could include process control design, automation system configuration, project execution, instrument specification and selection, and construction support. The primary goal of your role would be to deliver quality solutions and services to customers using the technologies provided by DeltaV, DeltaV SIS, Asset Management Systems (AMS) and other Emerson solutions.
In addition to plant operations and optimization responsibilities, you would be responsible for:
- Perform operator and maintenance training.
- Perform process control equipment installation and startup.
- Perform system upgrades and preventative maintenance activities.
- Proactively learn to apply new automation products on a regular basis.
- Embrace and reflect Experitec’s Core Values.
- Achieve technical knowledge of the products and services we deploy at the customer site.
- Serve the team through your technical knowledge and technical leadership.
Typical work assignments include:
- Develop and implement control system configuration.
- Perform engineering and design studies.
- Design and implement effective operator interfaces using DeltaV.
- Integrating PLC’s, safety systems, and field devices into DeltaV.
- Perform testing, construction, and installation of designed control solutions.
Who can do this job?
The following are preferred attributes/skills:
- Experience in Manufacturing and Process control operations.
- Able to read and interpret P&IDs, electrical, instrumentation, and mechanical schematics.
- Understanding of hardware and software configuration of basic process control systems including knowledge of safety instrumented systems.
- DeltaV application and configuration.
- Instrumentation, field devices, and equipment troubleshooting, commissioning, and calibration.
- Proficiency at interfacing with third-party devices using serial, bus and wireless interfaces (e.g., Modbus, DH+, Foundation Fieldbus, AS-i, Profibus and DeviceNet).
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
- Understanding of hydraulics, pneumatics, temperature, pressure, flow, and mechanical dynamics.
Other basic qualifications include:
- Engineering degree in Electrical, Chemical, Mechanical, Electronics, Industrial Technology, or equivalent.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) and ability to work efficiently and effectively within a business system.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Sound problem solving and decision making.
- Leadership ability.
- Analytical and critical thinking.
We’re seeking high impact people whose focus and integrity can significantly improve the business of our customers. If you are looking for a company that recognizes and rewards your abilities, provides opportunities to advance your career, and fosters an environment to learn and develop, Experitec is for you. This position requires a hands-on approach, a strong work ethic, troubleshooting mindset, and a commitment to excellence.
What does Experitec offer?
At Experitec, we know our employees are a critical part to our overall success. We care about the wellbeing of each and every employee. No matter what stage of life they’re in, Experitec strives to support and care for each employee with a benefits program tailored to their needs. We pride ourselves on offering a flexible work environment ensuring our employees have the work-life balance they deserve. We believe giving our employees the resources they need to succeed in their personal lives will enable them to reach their peak performance in their professional lives. We have a comprehensive benefits package that grows with the employees including personal time, vacation, paid holidays, major medical, 401K, and vision and dental. Experitec is 100% employee owned and provides additional retirement funds to employees via ESOP. Due to being privately owned, we are able to provide a company and individual performance related bonus plan rewarding employees for their contribution and encouraging their long-term commitment.
ExperitecWhy Work Here?
Family oriented, transparent leadership, and employee-owned!
At Experitec, our team of Employee Owners enable our industrial customers to become more competitive by improving performance and reliability, creating safer places to work, and helping them reach their environmental goals through the innovative use of technology and services.
8380 Wolf Lake Drive BartlettMemphis, TN
TechnologyView all jobs at Experitec