Experis is seeking candidates for a Customer Technical Specialist (Entry Level) position in Charleston, WV for a contract to hire position (6-12 months) with our government client. Requires flexibility to work 12-hour shift, day or night. Schedule shifts are 3 days per week 7am-7pm or 7pm-7am with rotating Wednesdays.
- Perform monitoring and alerting activities to provide operational support of the computing environment consisting of Windows, Linux and mainframe systems; storage arrays; network components; and job scheduling software.
- Provide operational support to system administration teams supporting the overall environment. Uses automated information systems to analyze routine situations.
- Review incoming requests, both computer generated and verbal, sort, code and may prioritize for proper action.
- Resolve problems or contacts more senior technical support as necessary.
- Follow established procedures and policies. Interacts with other team members, such as system administrators and/or applications development teams to restore services.
- Associates degree in computer related field preferred or equivalent training/experience.
- 0-2 years experience required.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication, as well as positive attitude and willingness to learn.
- Basic ability to work independently and manage one's time.
- Basic knowledge of computer hardware and software.
- Knowledge of computer software, such as configuration management software, desktop communications software, operating system software and internet directory services software.
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)