Do you consider yourself a jack of all trades? Do you want to be part of a fun, innovative team working on complex and challenging problems? We are looking for a talented individual to join our team in the role of a Senior Systems Engineer who will focus improving the efficiency of our infrastructure and availability of our applications. This person will be assisting in the build-out of an upgrade to our technology stack. This candidate must have strong analysis and troubleshooting skills with experience managing enterprise class applications and infrastructure. Strong experience with VMware, storage systems (SAN, NAS), Windows, and Linux is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide ongoing management & support for our infrastructure
• Define, build, and manage server, virtualization, and storage infrastructure in collocation facilities
• Assist in building and maintaining Windows & Linux templates for vSphere
• Deploying machines from templates into production and non-production environments
• Manage process for deploying code to production in a SaaS environment
• Partner with engineering team to work through environment validation
• Proactive self-starter with the ability drive projects through to completion
• 7+ years recent experience.
• 3+ years experience working with various Linux distributions (Red Hat/CentOS preferred)
• 5+ years experience with server virtualization technologies (e.g. VMWare, Hyper-V, Xen, etc.)
• 5+ years experience with Windows Server operating systems (2012, 2008, 2003)
• 3+ years managing multi-host VMWare vSphere infrastructure
• 3+ years managing SAN & NAS infrastructure (e.g. EMC Unity, VNX, Pure, NetApp, Isilon, Qumulo, etc.)
• 3+ years managing server blade infrastructure (e.g. Cisco UCS, Dell, HP, etc.)
• Proficient in scripting technologies (PowerShell, Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby, etc.)
• Experience with Active Directory and related technologies (Group Policy, DNS, LDAP, Kerberos)
• Strong analysis and troubleshooting skills including experience with related tools
• Experience managing network infrastructure (e.g. switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers).
• Experience with various monitoring packages (e.g. Zabbix, Nagios, Cacti, Munin, etc.)
• Experience working with Puppet, Ansible, or other automation systems
• Working knowledge of and previous experience working with .NET web applications
• Working knowledge of SQL in order to perform simple queries