We are Hiring!
We are looking for a Software Engineer & a Sr. Software Engineer on behalf of our healthcare client in Meridian, ID. You will get to analyze business/functional requirements and design, develop, and test web services and other software components to build out the Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Iteratively develop or modify software following Agile/Scrum principles.
- Continuously review and improve software development practices including plan, test, design, etc.
- Promptly escalate issues that affect product delivery and quality that are beyond scope of influence to the tea
- Complete coding and automated unit testing activities on-schedule and per quality expectations.
- Create reusable components to streamline development.
- Adhere to service development and team-defined best practices, standards, and naming conventions.
- Adhere to service lifecycle methodology prescriptive governance and architecture best practices.
- Test for interoperability, scalability, regression and any other standards conformance.
- Participate in design forums, investigate, and share best practices, and help drive technology choice
- Keep current on emerging software technology and make recommendations on use of such technology.
- Provide guidance to the partner operations support team in monitoring, measuring, and reporting system health, performance, and uptime metrics.
- Perform periodic system administration tasks including evaluating/reviewing, installing and configuring new software releases, upgrades, and patches.
- Database-related development (reading and writing complex SQL queries and stored procedures, etc.)
- Service interface and related standards like XML, SOAP, REST, WSDL, WCF, MQ, etc.– Intermediate
- Transfer protocols (HTTP/S, FTP, SFTP, etc.) as well as experience with publish/subscribe and request/response methodologies – Intermediate
- Detailed oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Self-motivated to keep cutting edge technology skills current through training and development
- Analytical and problem solving
- Debugging and refactoring
- Read and write SQL – Intermediate
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or closely related technical field.
- 3 years of design and development level applications using .Net, C#, and/or Java and service-oriented design and development to include:
- Design and implementation of SOAP and RESTful services
- Analyzing, defining, designing, implementing, testing, and maintaining complex software systems
- Supporting client needs, products, and technologies
- Agile and Scrum framework and tenets
- Automated tests frameworks such as MSTest, NUnit, XUnit, or equivalent
- Object Oriented principles and design
- Distributed application development
- SDLC, version control, modeling and analysis, and system use cases
- Relational databases, SQL, database design and stored procedures
- Software integration and library module interfaces
- Web Service design patterns
- Use of software design principles
- Use of libraries, frameworks and code reuse
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or closely related field
- Healthcare and/or health insurance industry experience
- Knowledge of EDI ANSI X12 transactions
- Experience working on Agile/Scrum development team
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI)
- Experience with Web Services Security (WS-Security
- Experience with automated build and deployment tools
- Experience with SSRS reporting and SSIS processing
- Experience with Team Foundation Server (TFS)