Software Development Manager (Remote)
Experis Boise, ID
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works collaboratively with other departments and individuals to ensure the team is engaged successfully in all aspects of software development and across all product lifecycle stages.
- Helps to create, seeks to understand, and communicates the vision of company objectives to the team.
- Helps to define and achieve value-based milestones effectively.
- Guides the team in developing effective processes and best practices for all aspects of the software development lifecycle.
- Works to implement robust development operations within the team to ensure health software creation, validation, delivery, and deployment.
- Provides career guidance and performance feedback to software developers on the team.
- Ensures software meets expectations regarding privacy, security, hosting expenses, and up time.
- Participates in activities that strengthen the organization, such as recruiting, hiring, new employee onboarding, technology discovery and evaluation, facilitating beneficial knowledge sharing activities, and participating in market discovery and innovation sessions.
- Works with stakeholders to solve technical issues and to provide implementation support.
- Supports cross-functional individuals on the team and takes on other duties as needed to ensure success.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or equivalent work experience, and 10 years in a related field.
- Significant software development experience with deep understanding of technologies used on the web and cloud.
- Preferred 1-2 years of experience managing a software engineering team in a production environment, or significant experience acting as primary lead on software projects.
DESIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Strong interpersonal and interviewing skills with the ability to develop specifications.
- Positive and constructive motivational style.
- Working knowledge and understanding of application development in a micro service architecture and on cloud infrastructure.
- Solid understanding and work experience with RESTful services.
- Experience developing and deploying applications in a continuous integration and continuous deployment model, along with knowledge of related tools (GoCD, Jenkins, Github Actions, Azure DevOps or others).
- Source control management, branching and versioning experience (Git experience strongly preferred).
- Working knowledge of automated testing tools and methodologies, including front-end, system, and API endpoint testing tools or frameworks.
- Understanding and experience with Scrum or Kanban (JIRA experience preferred).
- Ability to prioritize tasks, to organize, and to coordinate a high volume of information.
- Understanding of and ability to communicate the business and strategic impact of technical decisions.
TechnologyView all jobs at Experis