We are hiring a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) in Meridian, ID with a leading healthcare company! You will have the opportunity to be a leader among peers to mentor and train others on best testing practices.
· Design and develop frameworks and tools to support automated testing that helps
· Develop high quality, maintainable, and high-performance code for automated regression tests. Includes test planning, writing test cases, developing test software and test execution.
· Define and track quality assurance metrics such as defects, defect counts, test results and test status.
· Collect and analyze data for software process evaluation or data repository requirements and improvements and integrate them into business processes to address the needs of the business.
· Document all problems and assist in their resolution.
· Perform quality audits across the various IT functions to ensure quality standards, procedures and methodologies are being followed.
· Lead and mentor peers in test methodologies and best practices
· Research and decompose complex problems and perform root cause analysis
· Design, develop, and maintain automation systems and tools to be used by development and test
· Utilize innovative test technologies to develop product test strategy
· Design, develop, test, and debug automated tests and test suites
· Analyze specifications and user stories to develop test plans and functional requirements
· Design and author test cases for unit, functional, performance, scalability, and durability testing
· Read and write SQL
· Read and understand XML
· Execute manual test cases when test automation is not possible
· Identify defects and questionable functionality; manage defects through to closure
· Identify deviations from coding and other standards and inconsistencies across programs
· Work under tight deadlines and shifting priorities
· Create and automate testing of security
· Manage time effectively
· Work with others to build systems that help increase quality of deliverables across the
· Five years of software development for automated testing and Quality Assurance (QA)
· Three years of software design and development using C# (.NET), Java and/or other OOP language
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related technical field; or equivalent work experience (two years’ work experience is equivalent to one-year college)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
· Strong analytical and problem solving
· Strong attention to detail
· Excellent written and verbal communication
· Be a self-motivated team player with an interest in continuous learning
· Quality Assurance methodologies, processes and tools
· Automated test frameworks and tools for automated regression testing
· Test requirements definition and test plan definition
· Test plan execution and results reporting
· Defect tracking software
· Relational databases (MS SQL, Sybase ASE, etc.)
· SQL and database access interfaces (Entity Framework, ODBC, JDBC, ADO, ADO.NET)
· Complete software development life cycle and the role an SDET plays in ensuring quality software
· Working within Agile/Scrum methodology
· Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server (TFS)
· Working in SOA environments including RESTful services
· Automated build and deployment tools
· Administering change management software
· Automated testing of UIs; Testing mobile applications; Load testing