Sitecore Front End Web Developer
Experis Houston, TX
- Expired: 14 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Sitecore Front End Developer
In addition, an understanding of the entire web development process, including design, development and deployment, with some back-end knowledge, is important.
The best candidates have a strong understanding of industry trends and content management systems such as Sitecore, as well as software programs like the Adobe Creative Suite. Experience with responsive and adaptive design is also a big plus.
Because front-end web developers are responsible for interpreting and executing designs correctly, they must be able to effectively communicate with the creative team and clients. Other vital soft skills in the front-end web developer job description include the ability to solve problems and adapt quickly to new web design and application trends.Job Description
The Sitecore Front End Developer is responsible for front end development for the Digital Marketing department.
Desired Skill Set
- Sitecore experience
- Looking for an experienced developer
- Bootstrap experience a plus
- Graphic arts background a plus
Education: Bachelors degree in Computer Science or relevant field, or demonstrable work experience in the field.
Experience / Knowledge / Skills
- Minimum Five (5) years, Seven (7) years preferred of progressive digital marketing or experience in an equivalent field
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Photoshop is a plus.
- Principal Accountabilities
- Develop functional and appealing web- and mobile-based applications based on usability
- Provide website maintenance and enhancements
- Use a combination of markup languages to write web pages
- Write functional requirement documents and specifications
- Create quality mockups and prototypes on tight timelines
- Assist back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting
- Create cascading style sheets (CSS) that are consistent across all browsers and platforms
- Maintain graphic standards and branding throughout the product's interface
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
- Promote usability best practices
- Knowledge of SEO principles
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned
ExperisWhy Work Here?
Experis doesn’t just find you a job. We give you the power to create a career path, reach for new opportunities and achieve your goals.
Experis is the global leader in professional resourcing and project-based solutions. Experis accelerates organizations' growth by attracting, assessing and placing specialized expertise in IT, Finance and Engineering to deliver in-demand talent for mission-critical positions and projects, enhancing the competitiveness of the organizations and people we serve. Experis is part of the ManpowerGroup® family of companies, which also includes Manpower and Talent Solutions.