Position Summary: Responsible for maximizing customer satisfaction by effectively executing all commitments on Customer Service Programs (CSPs), time and material, parts sales and other service duties. This is a line position that is either field- or office-based and is responsible for the effective management of resources, costs, safety, quality assurance and customer satisfaction for the delivery and expansion of the existing service base. The position typically supervises Field Specialists, Service Specialists, Service Coordinators, and/or Inspectors in all aspects of service delivery. The financial impact is measured in the growth and delivery of Service products in the local CTC market.
1. Oversees all elements of job and contract management, including manpower scheduling, material procurement and/or cost control. Proactively communicates project schedules, project change proposals and related project activities on a regular basis with customer and seek to continuously improve customer satisfaction. The position may be office-based or field-based.
2. Responsible for maximizing safety and quality assurance on all assigned projects.
3. Maintains good customer relations, includes prompt response to customer requests and maintaining frequent customer contact. Conducts annual customer satisfaction surveys to measure and track customer satisfaction levels. Acts as our customers best service provider at all times thereby ensuring we are the customers first choice for service.
4. Responsible for the administration of jobsite services, and/or colleagues who support estimating, pricing, quoting, order processing, payroll processing, service billings and collections. Carefully monitors all financial aspects at each step of the project (costing, invoicing, billing time, revenue, margins, etc.)
5. In collaboration with Sales, ensures timely contract renewal process is in place. Cultivates and maintains existing accounts and actively pursue new service and system expansion opportunities with existing service base. Ensures renewals for expiring contracts for accounts without an assigned Account Executive.
6. Effectively communicates project requirements to project team and wider organization as and when required and maintains accurate and up to date records of job status, job changes, material flow and other control records necessary for processing of internal and external reports.
7. Supervises colleagues in a manner that maintains morale, skills proficiency and productivity. Recruit and hire colleagues as required. May perform limited range of managerial responsibilities including but not limited to: mentoring, coaching and developing colleagues; planning, assigning and directing work; performance management; project budget. May oversee subcontractor selection process and performance.
8. Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
Job Skills Requirements:
Leadership Orientation Actively seeks ways in which to act as a role model - guide, develop and mentor others within the department
Customer Focus Maintaining awareness of and seeking to be an advocate for the needs and wants of the customer
Excellent communication skills both oral and written; high level of professionalism
Initiative Engages in proactive behavior and looks for service opportunities
Adaptability Responds effectively to changes in situation, information or urgency
Advanced financial analytical skills including cost control (e.g. gross margin calculations)
Excellent Microsoft Outlook, Project, Excel, Word and Power Point skills
Strong team building and facilitation skills
Developing project management experience in a technical environment (building automation systems, fire alarm systems, and/or electronic security systems)
Two-year degree in a related field or equivalent experience
Bachelors degree desirable
Established experience in administration, business or management
Minimum of three years of previous, field service, project management or relevant engineering experience preferred
Experience in one or more of the following industries preferred: electronic, fire alarm & life safety, building automation, and/or healthcare
Previous service supervisory experience desirable