Project Manager III
Experis Syracuse, NY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Client: Utility Industry
Requisition Title: Project Manager III
Duration: 6 months (High possible extension)
Location: Syracuse, NY 13202
Client expect that the PM's would be considered "flex workers" when we return so the expectation would probably be at least 1 day per week in Syracuse. Please note that the projects are in Upstate NY and the PM's need to be in the area so they can visit the project sites as needed.
Responsible and accountable for managing a large portfolio ($50MM - $100MM USD) of complex capital projects in the Downstate NY territory; which will allow for the safe and reliable delivery of natural gas to existing and future customers. Such projects include, transmission pipelines, distribution main, public works, peak-shaving facilities (LNG), regulator/take stations, bridge/railroad/water crossings, and other special capital projects. The Lead Project Manager is responsible for careful stewardship and practical throughout the entire lifecycle; including the planning, delivery, , and governance of assigned projects in accordance with the Client Capital Delivery Initiative model. High visibility role that involves corresponding with senior staff, executive leadership and external stakeholders; including elected officials and government regulatory authorities.
- Perform Project functions to ensure the successful completion of capital construction projects, including:
o Develop, gain necessary approval and control of project scope, project budget, schedule, contract documents and resource plan; quality and schedule parameters / risk ;
o Ensure timely completion through scheduling, expediting of material deliveries and the of material and documents submittals/approvals per company standards and policy.
o Compliance with environmental, safety and Client's standards and policies; acquisition of required permits, licenses and land rights;
o Coordinates and provides direction for the accounting, cost, forecast and construction functions as they relate to the completion of the .
o Possess working knowledge of all plans, specifications, contract, contractors, purchase orders, correspondences, permits, shop drawings, submittals and all related documents.
o Negotiate, issue and execute change orders (proposals) to design team, contractors and others.
o Prepare and issue progress reports on regular basis to team members and stakeholders.
o Manage closeout process for acceptance.
o Understands working with a union environment.
- Drive efficiencies across projects for on-schedule, on budget delivery in alignment with company values, safety objectives and quality standards.
- Create and promote a culture of teamwork, collaboration, and efficient resource utilization throughout the department, the project team(s) and project support groups; including members from Engineering & Design departments, Operations, Asset groups, Supply Chain , Business and Commercial Services, Real Estate, Environmental and Administrative Service groups
- Demonstrate a high level of initiation, integrity and ability to interact with company personnel, contractors, regulatory representatives, and town/city officials in a positive collaborative manner.
- A Bachelor's degree, preferably in an engineering discipline and/or significant relevant , engineering and construction experience, in all aspects of utility substation/line construction operations. MBA preferred.
- 7+ years' experience.
- Certified PM preferred.
- Demonstrate experience with successful delivery of complex projects.
- Led high performing teams; ability to foster a high energy environment, whereby team members can openly discuss relevant issues and there is a strong emphasis on continuous improvement.
- Knowledge of gas system operations, gas industry codes/regulations, preferred.
- Experience with construction, environmental, and/or engineering projects.
- Change Management experience.
- Bottom-line oriented, budget-conscious, metric/measurement driven.
- Valid driver's license with a safe driving history required.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
100 Manpower Place | Milwaukee, WI 53212
Desk # - 414-666-8462 Ext - 7155
TechnologyView all jobs at Experis