12 month contract opportunity
Responsible for the development and execution of market plans, new product launches, enrollment and retention strategies, advertising, and ongoing member communications. Develops sales presentations and provides reports based on information collected such as marketing trends, competition, new products, and pricing. Ensures brand is well positioned and represented across all communication platforms. Initiates recommendations for improvement on the creative process and identifies opportunities for efficiency. Minimal work direction needed, highly skilled and knowledgeable to the position.
This position level could be presented as Marketing Specialist Expert or Marketing Specialist Professional who might develop and apply concepts and might approach to overall marketing opportunities.
- Develop process, plan, and timeline to deliver key needs for 1 to 3 year horizon research needs that supports shelf-reinvention, category management and customer presentations.
- Generate shopper insights and reports including decision criteria, barriers, need states and opportunities.
- Assess key communication visuals/claims for in-store shelf-reinvention.
- Offer performance enhancements for shopper marketing and SBD initiatives
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Marketing strategy development and execution. Creative aptitude. Excellent organizational skills. Proficient in MS Office.
- Guide research design for Shopper Based Design projects focused to improve all factors of the shopper journey pre, during and after the shopping experience, refine and prioritize opportunities to refine barriers, segments, key visuals and claims
- Uncover and develop shopper insights for client product in all North American retail channels with focus on primary and secondary research, data and trend analysis
- Create and implement learning plans for strategic customer teams
- Advance ways of thinking about the shopper journey, need states, barriers and opportunities. Integrate insights into customer planning and customer presentations working with sales & marketing teams. Strengthen insights competency for the organization and identify opportunities (efficiency, depth).
- Collaborate with Innovation team on the overarching shopper & consumer journey (product use experience, including expectations, claims and communication)
- Support Retail Market Research in ad hoc needs
Preferred knowledge, skills, and experiences
- 3+ years consumer research management including timeline and budget management
- Ability to organize insights in secondary research or data analysis
- Excellent organizational skills
- Analytical skills (trend analytics, consumer insights, etc.)
- Effective communication skills (in-person, written, presentation)
- Project management and collaboration skills
- Ability to influence without authority
- Proficient in MS Office, particularly skilled with creating persuasive PowerPoint communication