Location: Pasadena, CA
Type: 3 month contract w/ possible extension
Seeking a SQL Database Administrator for IT team. Looking for an enthusiastic person who is willing to learn and apply new database technology to help company excel.
• Install, administer and support on-premise/AWS hosted MS SQL Server systems and databases.
• Plan and execute database migration from old version to latest SQL version.
• Install and test SQL patches, service packs, and updates.
• Write T-SQL queries and use queries to troubleshoot database performance issues.
• Perform core DBA duties like backup and recovery, basic admin, security management, documentation, enforcing best practices and standards, and performance tuning.
• Monitor database system details within the database, including stored procedures and execution time, and implement efficiency improvements.
• Receive and respond to incident requests (Break/Fix) and changes in service (Service Requests) assigned to the team.
• 1+ years of working DBA experience + 4-year college degree in computer science or equivalent
• Experience supporting Microsoft SQL Servers with primary focus on current releases of the product SQL 2012/14/16/17 and 19
• Linux, MySQL and other open source software knowledge with AWS services is preferred.
• SSRS and SSIS experience is preferred