Experis Englewood Cliffs, NJ
- Posted: over a month ago
Looking for a Food Scientist in Englewood Cliffs, NJ!
6 Month Contract (with possible extensions)
Major Client Company of Consumer Packaged Goods
Background & Purpose of the Job
Company R&D is looking for a talented Product Developer based in Englewood Cliffs, NJ. As a member of the R&D team you will be developing innovative plant-based products for the exciting and ever evolving food market. Whether that’s meeting the need for sustainable, healthy, delicious, guilt free experiences, localizing a global offering, or bringing the world’s most exciting plant-based technologies to our North America market. In this journey at an exponential pace we are looking for a Product Developer who has the passion to change the world.
- Support technical development (recipe, specifications) for plant-based products.
- Support R&D initiatives of innovation, quality, nutrition, cost savings, complexity reduction and sustainability by design.
- Works onsite within the lab as a member of a cross functional project team to deliver projects on time and in full.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
- Support technical delivery of projects through design and execution of test protocols and implementation of the various technical aspects of projects as required e.g. formulation development, prototypes, conducting shelf life testing, and analytical testing, coordinating and shipping samples.
- Working knowledge of ingredients, formulation, process, and product design principles.
- Specification/label creation in SAP PLM from the request to the approved status; creation of new specifications for new ingredients.
- Organize and participate in lab benchtop work and plant trials to support innovation initiatives.
- Support quality investigations using root cause analysis and problem-solving techniques as required for existing and new products.
- Carry out work for ensuring ingredient compliance with legal and regulatory
- Demonstrate flexibility to manage multiple priorities.
- Develop strong relationships and communicate effectively with cross functional teams.
- Adapt to daily challenges and priority changes within a face paced business environment.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Food Science, Food Engineering, or related discipline strongly preferred) with 2+ years of relevant R&D experience; or a Master’s Degree (Food Science, Food Engineering, or related discipline strongly preferred) with 1+ years of relevant R&D experience.
- No dietary or food allergy restrictions
- Proven track record in maintaining good working relationships with business partners
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to think critically & analytically
- Outstanding time management, team working and communication skills
- Strong commitment to working safely and maintaining a safe work environment
- Ability to execute laboratory bench work and pilot-plant scale-ups
- Must be well-organized, capture work details and learning and highlight any unexpected learning
Experis is a global leader in professional resourcing and project-based workforce solutions. We deliver in-demand talent for mission-critical positions, enhancing the competitiveness of the organizations and people we serve. Our goal is to maintain a positive candidate and client experience through fitting the best candidates with the best positions.
#1 Global Supplier of the Year! Experis is a global leader in professional resourcing and project-based workforce solutions. We deliver in-demand talent for mission-critical positions, enhancing the competitiveness of the organizations and people we serve. Our goal is to maintain a positive candidate and client experience through fitting the best candidates with the best positions.
AddressEnglewood Cliffs, NJ