Equipment Engineering Lead (ELL) - Procurement
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This is Karan, Senior Recruiter working with ManpowerGroup - Experis. We have an onsite job opportunity for Procurement - Equipment Engineering in Chicago, IL / Houston, TX. The Job Description is as below:
Job Title: Equipment Engineering Lead (ELL) - Procurement
Location: 10-30 South Wacker, Chicago, IL - 60606 or Houston, TX
Duration: 12 months
Department: Procurement - Retail Assets & Advanced Mobility Team
Reports to (position): Procurement Program Lead
The Value Engineering (VE) initiative is designed to access new sources of value which will reduce the total cost to operate, improve safety and improve sustainability and is a step out to the traditional scope of procurement.
Within C&P Procurement, the Retail Assets & Advanced Mobility (RAAM) team support the business by managing the supply facing procurement responsibilities for a range of subcategories such as; Construction, Maintenance, Shop Equipment, Visual Identity, Maintenance, Fuels systems, Security & Electric Vehicles. The VE initiative will drive change and unlock benefits across the business, by identifying and implementing design changes, primarily across capital equipment.
- The purpose of the role is to implement standardization / optimization projects from within Procurement, across the business by applying engineering and design skills to perform value engineering across all Customer & Product regions - for: Retail Assets in Mobility & Convenience and Castrol to enable;
- Access to new sources of value across capital equipment which will reduce total cost to operate, improve safety and sustainability to support this non-traditional initiative within Procurement.
- Application of best practice engineering to optimize design equipment standards and related processes to unlock safety improvements, TCO reduction and improved sustainability. Primarily, the program will focus on Goods Not For Resale (GNFR) categories including but not limited to;
- Fuel systems (Tanks & dispensers)
- CCTV / Site security
- Shop Fixtures & fittings (Gondola shelving, flooring, lighting, joinery)
- Food services equipment (Coffee machines, ovens, refrigeration)
- Visual Identity (Internal & external signage)
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical) with a minimum of 7 year's experience.
- Demonstrated technical engineering experience and knowledge across; Construction & retail equipment commodities such as; fuel systems, retail shop equipment, food services equipment, commercial construction of retail sites / canopies, electrical equipment (retail / fuel site external lighting).
- Effective verbal & written communication skills to communicate to a wide variety of specialists, internal and external partners, and end users.
- Solid planning, prioritization and coordinating skills.
- Experience in developing should cost modelling.
- Demonstrated experience in change management.
- Demonstrated experience in optimizing design and engineering standards with a focus on commercial deliverables while delivering a safe, quality & customer centric product design.
- Strong influential leadership and interfacing with project to deliver pragmatic value driven decisions
- Skilled at leading through complexity, executing projects in multi-stakeholder, multi-discipline, multi-cultural environments, with regional and country specific issues and challenges.
- Reporting to the VE Project lead, the primary focus of the Equipment Engineering Lead (ELL) role is to work with the Project Manager to help define value engineering opportunities by performing analysis and coordinating key inputs i.e. Supply market analysis cost modelling and benchmarking.
- The ELL also implements value engineering activities agreed by the Project Manager through conducting thorough analysis of existing processes and equipment engineering standards & applying changes to optimize product selection, product design and simplification of the processes and related procedures with the stakeholders.
- The ELL will develop and maintain strong cross functional stakeholder relationships to enable the initiative to be successful.
- The ELL is responsible in optimization and implementation of design changes across the business in accordance with internal and local compliance requirements.
- The ELL will factor in design, installation, and maintenance requirements when value engineering equipment by;
- Reviewing, understanding and optimisation of product design and engineering in line with safety and local compliance requirements.
- Reviewing, understanding and optimisation of related installation methods of equipment in line with safety and local compliance requirements.
- Reviewing, understanding and optimisation of maintenance requirements of equipment in line with safety and local compliance requirements.
- The ELL will be responsible for engaging with the cross functional stakeholder groups to understand all relevant business priorities and requirements and ensure design optimization activities are implemented in alignment with those needs.
- In addition, the ELL will work with suppliers to ensure that the design and process changes are suitable for all markets and not specific to particular supply markets or methodologies.
- Ultimately the ELL is responsible for the execution of all of design related activities to deliver the objective of providing the business with a design standard that supports safe, reliable, and compliant operations, and that also delivers the innovation and business benefits agreed in the category strategy.
- Supporting the Project Lead to define and deliver on Value engineering activities to improve safety, quality and total cost of capital equipment.
- Conducting gap analysis and implementation of new designs and processes to support the VE project objectives.
- Developing and managing against agreed project timelines.
- Regularly providing project status updates to support the Project Lead in governance reporting to senior level stakeholders.
- Managing the process for the creation, review, revision and update of engineering standards and specifications using internal & external resources.
- Ensuring standards and specifications meet internal company governance policies for technical standards.
- Applying knowledge of regulatory standards requirements to ensure product design installation and maintenance works is aligned with internal HSSE and legislative requirements.
- Assist in training and education of regional project team members, SMEs and partners of Technical standards processes and procedure to ensure 'one voice from procurement'.
- Learning and developing buying models for equipment to ensure optimal efficiencies across the value chain.
I would really appreciate if you can refer or help to someone sharing this job. Have a wonderful day!
BusinessView all jobs at Experis