Chief Engineer - Vehicle Architecture
- Responsible for Technical Excellence for Vehicle Architecture domain.
- Technology development.
- Accountability for Gateway delivery to program.
- Custodian of component/system best practice and performance delivery.
- Recruitment and manning vs. program requirements.
- IT skilling, IT strategy for Centre of Competence specific tools.
- Innovation strategy.
- Investment planning for equipment and facilities.
- You will provide overall leadership and coordination for all Vehicle Architecture activities, including but not limited to establishing Block Teams and associated processes and interfaces. Managing direct reports, planning project delivery and reporting on progress. Ensuring on time delivery and working to the highest standards possible. This will involve working across technical specialties, adopting new processes and acting as the main point of contact for your specialist area. Technical ownership is expected for the following work streams:
- Studio Feasibility Engineering.
- Coordination of all CoC Geometry supply to vehicle EBoM structure.
- Technical Confirmation that Design Solutions have all required Attribute entitlement
- Arbitration of attribute v design solution conflicts
- Full Vehicle Compatibility.
- Management of Design Solution maturation relative to Virtual Series Progression.
- Development and implementation of business plans, technology and R&D plans.
- You will lead your team in technical discussions to deliver robust fault free designs through the application of Concurrent Engineering disciplines including DFMEA, DFA, DFM, Campaign Prevention Process, Robustness, etc.
- Management and coordination of the project technical team to ensure products are delivered at a cost, quality and time appropriate for the application.
- Setting KPIs for each area of your responsibility and reviewing performance with contacts.
- Performance Management, resource planning and succession planning working closely with HR/Talent Acquisition teams.
Basic Qualifications / Knowledge / Experience
- Proven track record of leadership within Vehicle Architecture domain including:
- Concept & Packaging
- Studio Engineering
- Arbitration of Design Solution v Vehicle Targets
- Safety & CAE
- Aero & Thermo dynamics
- Vehicle Performance
- Advance Degree or equivalent in a relevant Engineering discipline.
- Demonstrable understanding of vehicle architectures.
- Proven track record of developing Vehicle Architecture from Studio Concept through full Virtual Series maturation process.
- Broad understanding of various OEM Vehicle New Product Introduction NPI processes
- Good understanding of BoM processes.
- Demonstrable understanding of the cascade of Performance, Weight, Functional, Cost & Quality Targets.
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Excellent relationship building, collaboration and negotiation skills.
- Recognized qualification related to your domain (preferably degree level or above.
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competences
- Drive for Results: Drive for high performance, takes responsibility and works towards planning targets, overcoming obstacles, setbacks and uncertainty.
- Business Acumen: Contribute to the company strategy and aligns the strategic priorities of own area with the direction and strategic priorities of the broader organization.
- Customer Centricity: Anticipates evolving customer needs and how to address them, doing the right thing in the right way.
- Decision Making: Makes timely, informed decisions that consider the facts, goals, constraints, and risks.
- Analytical Thinking: Gather relevant information, identify key issues, compare data from different sources; draw appropriate conclusions to arrive at appropriate solutions.
- Teamwork & Collaboration: Facilitates Collaboration, actively engaging and to make joint decision and share best practices.
- Displays Global Perspective: Conveys an understanding of the organization's global market position, opportunities, capabilities, and competitive threats and takes cultural issues and geographic differences into account when making plans and decisions.
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)