Automation Engineer, Principal level (SME)
Position is part of the “essential work” needed in the time of crisis. 12+ month contract/project job.
This project will be upgrading the plant's 32 machines requiring drafting, validation testing, protocol writing, execution, troubleshooting, and continuous improvement. Previous experience with Validation, Allen Bradley Control Systems, Automation (at least 3+ years), 5+ years related experience in upgrading machines within a regulated environment (non-industry specific is okay, but the HMs will prefer medical device / pharmaceutical background.)
It is likely this position will be extended and candidates may be considered for permanent employment if they are strong performers. Local is preferred! Non-local is okay, but need to be able to relocate on their own dime and be able to start within 3 weeks. Candidates must be willing to become FTE as well.
Displays standard engineering principles to resolve difficult problems, from conception to final design with team input. Plans, schedules and leads project assignments in the evaluation, selection and adaptation of various engineering techniques, procedures and criteria with minimal guidance. This project will be focused on the implementation of new technology for visual inspection on, IV/ medication delivery bag fabrication machines.
1) With minimal guidance, schedules and leads a team through the planning and execution of a smaller project or defined piece of a larger project. This includes constructing detailed, accurate project schedules, interfacing with development groups and technical support groups.
2) Demonstrates new approaches to complex problems through adaptations and modifications of standard technical principles.
3) Ability to obtain the knowledge of the Technology to perform as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the site.
4) Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
5) Supervises/coordinates an engineer and/or technician on assigned work.
1) Display a solid understanding of theories/practices utilized by other disciplines outside primary area of expertise.
2) Ability to communicate with all levels of management on courses of action using both written and verbal methods.
3) Effectively work on cross-functional teams and facilitate with guidance.
4) Must be able to provide solutions that reflect understanding business objectives and cost implications.
5) Technical skill (Software or other):
Must have at least 3+ years of recent Rockwell PLC experience
Ability to read and write electrical schematics
Proven hands on mechanical skill set
Solid works drafting skills is a plus
Education / Experience
B.S. Engineer (Discipline: Mechanical or Electrical, possibly Biomedical with the right experience)
5+ years related experience in upgrading manufacturing machines within a regulated environment.
Track record for successfully driving deliverables on time.
Previous experience as a project lead, strongly preferred.
Recent and relevant experience with Allen Bradley Control Systems and Automation
Experis is a global leader in professional resourcing and project-based workforce solutions. We deliver in-demand talent for mission-critical positions, enhancing the competitiveness of the organizations and people we serve. Our goal is to maintain a positive candidate and client experience through fitting the best candidates with the best positions.