Applications Portfolio Strategic Manager
Experis Tampa, KS
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
ManpowerGroup is hiring in Tampa, FL for a contract to hire role with our global financial services client!
The Portfolio Architect is responsible for day-to-day delivery of the portfolio architecture function, managing the delivery of architecture services to assigned development portfolios and their customers, with focus on both strategic alignment of business and technology architectures and tactical delivery of architectural design services in the context of portfolio initiatives, programs and projects. The Portfolio Architect also plays a key leadership role in formulating, shaping and influencing the data and technology strategy for Global Functions. This is a critical leadership role responsible for managing the relationship/engagement of with senior technology directors across Global Functions Technology, providing a single point of contact for delivery of strategic architecture planning, key initiative support and architecture governance services.
Specific responsibilities include:
* In close coordination with the technology Portfolio Managers, development and implementation of a practical strategic architecture vision for assigned technology application portfolios, including target state architectures and associated roadmaps
* Development and implementation of a technology strategy execution plan for assigned technology application portfolios, in accordance with technology and enterprise technology strategy
* Drive alignment of application portfolios with the Enterprise Data Strategy to meet regulatory commitments
* Strategic architecture planning focused on cloud enablement and adoption of cloud-native services, platform-as-a-service, and convergence on strategic platforms and technologies
* Identification and execution of the appropriate architecture engagement model for individual portfolio initiatives, programs and projects, based on a thorough assessment of specific architectural impacts and requirements and optimally leveraging technical and data architecture shared services
* Maximizing portfolio compliance with enterprise and technology architecture principles, best practices and standards, and ensuring ongoing alignment with technology and application portfolio strategies and roadmaps
* Maximizing technology reuse within assigned technology application portfolios through leveraging of existing services, frameworks and components and development of new reusable services, frameworks and components where appropriate
* Forward-looking strategic thought leadership identifying emerging technology trends both internal and external to the company and formulating value propositions and actionable strategies for alignment of application portfolios
* Initial point of contact for architecture and technology-related matters initiated within assigned Technology portfolios (e.g. POCs, systemic production issues, assistance with architecture tools, requests for assistance from other technology organizations, inquiries concerning standards, guidelines, or best practices, etc.)
* Coordination point for externally initiated architecture and technology-related matters related to assigned technology portfolios (e.g. infrastructure optimization activities, cross-portfolio information requests, tech mandatory activity support, etc.)
Play a critical role in a variety of complex and highly visible technology programs contributing to the cost-effective delivery of global functions to the entire enterprise. Develop advanced skills in systems, business, data, and technical architecture disciplines. Interact and engage regularly with senior technology leadership across the firm.
* 5+ years of hands-on systems architecture or related technology experience in a complex, multi-vendor systems environment. This should include at least 2+ years designing and delivering cloud-native solution architectures
* Deep understanding of MicroServices design patterns and designing solution at enormous scale
* Knowledge of Data Management Best Practices and familiarity with the DAMA Data Management Body of Knowledge (DMBoK)
* Proven track record related to formulation and driving execution of a holistic data and technology strategy for an enterprise. Ability to support and implement an appropriate business-aligned strategic architecture vision for a global functional area.
* Proven track record leading highly complex architecture initiatives with regular interactions and engagements with senior-level business and technology stakeholders. Experience and proven track record of delivery of enterprise-scale solution architectures supporting enterprise-level business functions
* Practitioner/Expert level understanding of enterprise architecture concepts, frameworks, models, methodologies and disciplines
* Solid understanding of systems, business, data, and technical architecture disciplines, including exposure to such key methodologies and approaches as Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA), Business Process Management (BPM), data/information modeling, MicroServices, BigData, Docker containers, cloud-native services (AWS, GCP, Azure) and high-availability/high-performance systems design.
* Knowledge of and experience with cloud-native data platforms (RedShift, Snowflake, BigTable, etc.)
* Strong familiarity with both traditional and agile software development lifecycles.
* Strong familiarity with technology products in the areas of data processing / ETL, Message-oriented middleware, Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, Business Process Analysis & Modeling, BigData, Machine Learning, AI, Robotics, Containers and Cloud-native services
* Programming / development experience with Java/JEE, Python, Spark and AI/ML technologies
* Deep business/functional understanding of the Risk Management domain including Credit Risk, Basel, Operational Risk and Market Risk
Non Technical Skills
* Ability to operate effectively and independently in a high-pressure, highly fluid, highly multi-tasked environment.
* Ability to establish strong working relationships with business, operations, and technology partners at all levels of the organization.
* Ability to rapidly ramp up in new business and technology areas.
* A motivated, self-directed, highly proactive attitude and approach.
* Strong verbal and written business and technical communication skills.
TechnologyView all jobs at Experis