Company: Blue Shield
Job ID: 42708-1
Provides Actuarial Dept with pricing support, calculating reserves, risk assessment/analysis, data reporting, financial forecasting/projections, creating filings and/or performing financial and risk analysis in changes to provider contracts in order to help BSC meet its goals of providing low-cost healthcare and meeting earnings objectives
May perform a combination of the following depending on discipline/dept:
- Conducts analysis, pricing and risk assessment to estimate financial outcomes.
- Develops evaluation and financial reporting standards.
- May act as project lead on actuarial studies, pricing strategies and policies.
- Works closely with Product Mgmt to prepare financial forecasts to achieve profitability and growth goals.
- Analyze changes in provider reimbursement terms and recommends more cost efficient alternatives.
- Responsible for comprehensive and accurate peer review of other analyst work product.
- Provides actuarial information to produce revenue forecasts and financial reports.
- Provides actuarial analyses, responses and communication to product areas.
Position requires college degree with at least a minor in mathematics, statistics, computer science or equivalent business experience.
Typically has completed seven + courses or the equivalent # of courses towards the eventual attainment of the FSA.
Typically requires six years of professional actuarial experience.