Experis Engineering is seeking Automation Engineers for our client in NW Kentucky. One opening is for an experienced (10+ year) Engineer and one opening is for a recent grad. Perm hire positions with bonus and outstanding relocation package. Nice opportunities for career advancement.
What you will be doing:
The purpose of this role is to ensure the correct execution of the Electrical and Automation (E&A) part of projects, plan, manage, and implement capital, maintenance and upgrade projects.
• Make minor adaptations and modifications to Electrical and Automation (E&A) equipment, such as PLCs, drives, etc., utilizing lean manufacturing techniques.
• Create contract specifications for projects with regard of maximal safety, minimal downtime and optimal performance and life span of machines.
• Evaluate automated equipment, processes and solve automated equipment problems.
• Review related manuals, blueprints, & schematic diagrams to determine tasks to be performed.
• Define the (E&A) norms for the plant (PLC, HMI, Hardware, etc.)
• Define the network layout for process networks and the interface to the plant network in cooperation with IT.
• Provide and maintain a back-up system for the automation software (PLC and PC) for the plant.
• Maintain the integrity of engineering drawings files, projects, equipment archives, and updating any deficiencies that are discovered.
• Develop and maintain check-lists for safety systems to guarantee optimal safety system operation.
• Optimize performance of (E&A) installations.
• Assist and lead maintenance in diagnosing equipment problems and recommend methods to prevent reoccurrence of these issues to improve reliability and reduce maintenance costs
• Drive employee engagement and participation in the company's continuous improvement programs by promoting teamwork and open and honest communications.
• Interact with vendors, customers, contractors, and employees at all levels of the organization; able to make decisions "under fire".
• Analyze and diagnose root causes of problems and failures recommending and providing solutions to maximize uptime.
• Identify potential problems or opportunities related to the proper and cost effective operation and maintenance of processes to reduce costs and increase throughput.
• Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
Here’s a summary of what we’re seeking:
• Seeking BSEE, BSEET, Automation or Application Engineering
• Would like someone with heavy industry/heavy manufacturing experience like paper mills, steel or aluminum mills, automotive, etc.
• Experience in PLC System Automation
• Have hands-on programming and commissioning experience
• Able to understand and modify L1 Software on the automation platforms in use (Siemens S7, Rockwell, SMS Siemag X-pack, servo systems, ProBAS, )
• Have cross-domain understanding of complete machine (Automation, Electrics, Hydraulics, Mechanical systems, pneumatics, sensors, actuator, ) and be able to identify problems in non-automation domains
Have experience with the different automation layers (L1, L2, L3/MES) and communication protocol between them
• Good mechanical and/or electrical aptitude
• Good methodical aptitude for troubleshooting equipment and related issues
• Able to prepare and/or modify Electrical drawings, specifications, calculations, charts, and graphs
• Ability to perform CAD with AutoCad software
• Proven negotiating, interpersonal and both written and verbal communication skills
• Some travel may be required
• Experience working with Unions helpful